Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #16127
Hello All

We’ve been RVers for many years and were full timers for 9 yrs. we’ve had several RVs (from pop-ups, teardrop that my husband built to 5ers and an Allegro Bus). We’re currently in a Class C and looking hard at the Axis 27.7. Anyone care to share their thoughts, experiences, pros or cons on this model. This would be our first Thor. Thank you all for sharing, be it good, bad or ugly!!

Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I don't have that model, but welcome to the forum.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #3

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
I love my Axis. Loved it at first sight. Amount of space and layout just right for me. Like all RVs, you do spend time fixing and improving things, but on balance no major issues.

If I had to improve something, the corner kitchen is a bit tight, but not a big deal and I am able to work around this.

If you want real detailed information on the Axis you might like to read this manual. It is the definitive reference much better than the manual from Thor. BTW Axis = Vegas except in name and minor body differences.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ
Old 07-26-2019, 12:10 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Welcome to our group from South Texas!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #5

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Hello Sue B.

My wife and I have owned two (Vegas and Axis) for 5+ years and have loved both of them. We have put over 60k miles on them including 4 months to Alaska and back and multiple trips out west and to Canada. It has proven perfect for us. We don’t tow so we stay out of cities unless we want to visit a city for a week or so when we rent a car. If you read they some of the threads, if you are not comfortable with working on an RV yourself (and even if you are) it is worth it to find a reputable local dealer who will stand by their product. That and have someone who knows RVs do the purchase walkthrough with you and open ever door and energize every system. A second set of non “rose colored glasses” is invaluable. Ed Felker’s manual which you can find in this forum is a must for the walkthrough and for every day use. Fixing all - and I mean all - of the little or bigger problems before purchase will save you a world of heartburn. Having a reputable, local dealer will help in fixing anything you find or that breaks in the first year.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:40 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!
Great comments so far, agree with everything said. Dealer choice is crucial, especially troubling is one huge national chain. We had a 33' Class A, and thought we could do with a shorter coach with less storage. Our Vegas 25.2 has been a good fit for us and the way we travel, no pets and an occasional child. We have 4 years and over 30K miles with well over 300 nights on ours.
We added HWH jacks and have spent some $$ on the suspension. The stabilizer option is NOT a leveling system. If you are going to want those things, be sure to include it in your budget.

On the plus side, the slides are light and rarely act up, there are no pesky power stairs and the tires are smaller and thus cheaper when replacement time comes. The shorter length will allow you into campsites that longer rigs can't fit into. We really like the walk around queen and the big shower. Storage is adequate inside and out for our travel needs.

Some would say Thor quality is a minus, but other brands have QC issues too. Try to see one and spend a couple of hours in it.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
You're gonna love it in here; welcome aboard!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote