Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #7435
still looking

Hello everyone. My wife and I are almost there as my user name suggests. right now Thor is our coach of choice looking for comments on the manufacturer, quality, customer service, any other comments are welcome as of right now we like the windsport 35M

Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost there View Post
Hello everyone. My wife and I are almost there as my user name suggests. right now Thor is our coach of choice looking for comments on the manufacturer, quality, customer service, any other comments are welcome as of right now we like the windsport 35M
By all accounts Thor customer service and warranty back up is great. Truth be told you will not find ANY brand of coach that you drive off in perfect. Whatever you buy it is important to slow way down during the delivery process. Do the PDI "pre delivery inspection" including driving for awhile before you make the final payment and take delivery. Once you pay and drive away you are subject to the dealers service openings. Thor has an onsite customer warranty center in Elkhart Indiana by their manufacturing facility. So if you have some issues under warranty and it is within your driving range that is a great place to go complete with overnight hook ups. Spend the whole day and night at the dealer you buy from. Make a list of anything you find and they will fix whatever they can before you drive off. After that make a new list and an appointment to have the other things tended to. Welcome aboard and enjoy.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
If you read back through archived posts, you'll find a lot of folks pleased with Thor, and some not so much. If you go to other company forums, you'll find more or less similar results. More of the satisfaction (or lack of same) is from the dealer, the prep the dealer does before the PDI and handing you the keys, and the service after the sale.

With more sophisticated and complicated systems comes with more technical problems. Part of the appeal of the Vegas/Axis to me is that the slide outs are mostly lighter, and there is no moving step apparatus. We downsized from a 33' Class A, and found we didn't need as much stuff and room. Your results will vary.