Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2020, 03:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #14983
Hello from Western North Carolina

Hello all;

I purchased a 2020 Thor Challenger 37fh in January at the Tampa RV Show. Now that winter is over I'm going to be camping for the first time this week. Things are working well so far. I do have a question: I've got the 2 tv's inside working but I am not able to get a signal on the outside tv. I would appreciate any help. FYI: I have a Winegard Playmaker Satelite with a Wally (DISH) receiver. I also hooked up an Amazon Fire Stick for the bedroom tv so now I can get Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. connected with my Verizon MIFI.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I don't have an answer to your problem since I have not had that happen to me, but I'm sure someone will have some input.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Welcome aboard! Can’t help you out on TV’s up until a little while ago I thought a fire stick was something used to start a campfire 🔥
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 33x
State: Virginia
THOR #14214
I don't have your model as you but mine has TV inside and out and I was able to get Dish connected to all TV's showing the same program. Installed firesticks on all TV's as well.

1. Are you using the cable in-port on the side of the RV or running a cable directly to the Wally?
2.Are you using a hdmi switch to get the signal to all TV's?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #5

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
I don’t know what system but several years ago 2016 I had dish come out and do my installation $100 no problem all three tv got three different Chanel’s at same time. Now I use YouTube tv much easier and don’t have to worry where I park
Old 03-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #6

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Congratulations We also have 37CHALLENGER but 2019 and no satellite. Are you getting over the air TV , cable TV, and DVD signals on outside TV?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #7

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
I use roku and YouTube tv over cell service
Old 03-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #8

THOR #13399
Make sure that on the outside TV go to the remote and push the button marked source and make sure you're on TV for antenna or HDMI 1 2 3 or 4 depending on which one you're using for the satellite you can p.m. me if you want I do have the same model 37fh as you do and I can use my firestick on the outside TV or the DVD player or the over-the-air TV or cable TV all independently from the inside tv's.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #9

THOR #13399
Any luck?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:03 AM   #10

THOR #14983
outside tv not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtyler View Post
I don't have your model as you but mine has TV inside and out and I was able to get Dish connected to all TV's showing the same program. Installed firesticks on all TV's as well.

1. Are you using the cable in-port on the side of the RV or running a cable directly to the Wally?
2.Are you using a hdmi switch to get the signal to all TV's?
Hello:

I am using my DISH Playmaker satellite for programming. Both tv's inside are working great. Its the outside tv that I cant get to work. The living area tv is on HDMI3. The bedroom tv is on HDMI1 and the outside tv is on HDMI2. The outside tv shows "no signal".
Old 03-18-2020, 03:14 AM   #11

THOR #14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Make sure that on the outside TV go to the remote and push the button marked source and make sure you're on TV for antenna or HDMI 1 2 3 or 4 depending on which one you're using for the satellite you can p.m. me if you want I do have the same model 37fh as you do and I can use my firestick on the outside TV or the DVD player or the over-the-air TV or cable TV all independently from the inside tv's.
Thank you for reaching out. Im trying to understand all this so I have a few questions. I noticed that each tv has and HDMI connected to a different number. So living room is HDMI3. Bedroom is HDMI1 and outside is HDMI2. First of all is this the way its supposed to be? Second, would the living room, outside and bedroom need to be on HDMI3 for all tv's to show the same thing? There is a switch box but that is to switch from tv to DVD, is that correct? I did put a firestick in the bedroom tv. I know the outside tv gets rattled going down the road....could this be the problem? Thanks for helping!
Old 03-18-2020, 03:16 AM   #12

THOR #14983
Quote:
Congratulations We also have 37CHALLENGER but 2019 and no satellite. Are you getting over the air TV , cable TV, and DVD signals on outside TV?
So far I'm not getting any signal.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 33x
State: Virginia
THOR #14214
My new Hurricane's tv in the bedroom wasn't working thru the hdmi switch box, found that a cable under the kitchen cabinet had came undone (Thor uses hdmi cable connector to join cables together) once I reconnected the bedroom tv works. Maybe a connection came loose on yours.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #14

THOR #13399
Just to make it easy you can move the HDMI cables on the back of the tv's all to the same port number. Just concentrate on outside TV for now check the back of the tv see all plugs are in then go inside check the back of switch box and try playing a DVD through outside tv. Using a DVD is easier. If you need to reach behind th living room tv to check where outside tv wires come through, the solid surface top cover on top of living room just lifts off .
Old 03-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #15

THOR #13399
Looking at your HDMI switch box left to right the first 4 light's should be lite red 5th light is off 6th light dim red but to use DVD you push silver button second from right and dim red light lights up blue, 7th light is off. To make it simple I moved all of my HDMI cables on back of tv's to HDMI 3. We're fulltime so if you want,when you're in your motorhome and have some time private message me and we'll walk trough it all step by step congratulations again and enjoy.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:23 PM   #16

THOR #13399
If you look at the switch box the buttons are numbered #3 is HDMI output 3 goes to living room tv #2 switch goes to outside tv and 2 to bedroom, so I moved outside and bedroom to HDMI 3 because they're easy to get to and I don't have to remember what number on which tv.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:49 AM   #17

THOR #14983
Quote:
Just to make it easy you can move the HDMI cables on the back of the tv's all to the same port number. Just concentrate on outside TV for now check the back of the tv see all plugs are in then go inside check the back of switch box and try playing a DVD through outside tv. Using a DVD is easier. If you need to reach behind th living room tv to check where outside tv wires come through, the solid surface top cover on top of living room just lifts off .
Wow!! Thank you! I didn’t think all the tv’s could be on the same HDMI #. Then why do they set them all to different HDMI numbers? Silly question, I know.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #18

THOR #13399
Because that's the way there numbered coming out of the switch box,the living room tv is HDMI 3 and it's hard to get to the back of it, the bedroom and outside tv's are easy so I left living room tv alone an moved the others to HDMI 3 now I don't have to remember what each one is.