Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
Smile Hi from New Jersey!!!

I am a new RV'r and I'm purchasing a 2016 Axis 25.1. I pick it up this Saturday. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for while I'm there for delivery?? Anything I should pay particular attention to??

Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #2

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. You will have tons of fun with your new Thor.

The dealer walk-through is very important. Make sure that they demonstrate every system. This will be your time to have the dealer repair any problems. There are many threads on the site covering it. It is called the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Contact bevedfelker and get his "Thor Vegas 24.1* Checklists & Users’ Guide"
Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4184
Welcome aboard from another Jersey member. We are newbies too, we ordered and picked up our 24.1 Axis in June through Scott Motor Coach.

I have found this site very helpful. I have posted specific questions and have received helpful responses. This forum has a very nice and gracious group of people!

We just got back Saturday from our first long trip and had a great time. We had one hiccup with the refrigerator. We had just made it to the PA turnpike when we discovered the fridge lights were flashing and it was not cooling. We checked the propane and it was on . We turned the refrigerator off, waited a minute and turned in back to auto. It was still flashing . We then called the Thor help line The tech had us verify the propane was on by turning on and sparking the gas stove (it did work) we turned the fridge from Auto to off , waited a minute and turned it back to Auto. Low and behold it started working. The tech said there was likely air in the line and turning the stove off and on got rid of it. During the rest of our 7 day trip, the coach performed well, including no more problems with the fridge.

Wishing you happy travels!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 35.1
THOR #2831
Welcome aboard from another jerseyite. Purchased our RV from Scotts in Lakewood. Best of luck with your RV.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote