Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Alabama
THOR #17986
2018 Thor ACE 30.3

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but not new to RV Life. I have just made the move from a 5th Wheel to a Class A. Any advise about Class A Life would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Keith

Old 02-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.

Advice: Take your time and enjoy.

(We moved from a Cougar 5th wheel to our Axis.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Welcome aboard! We have never had a TT (my folks did) or 5'r. The wife and I started out tent camping moved on to a conversion van, a B, a B+ and now a 27.2 ACE Class A. I can tell you this, getting used to the F53 and how it handles is a bit of a change from driving van chassis based RV's. Most owners have done some modifications to improve handling.
The easiest is the "Cheap Handling Fix" or CHF as it is commonly referred to. Do a search on this forum or any of the other RV forums and there will be literally hundreds if not thousands of posts regarding the benefits, (a few negatives) of the fix and how to do the CHF on your coach. I did our 27.2 after a couple trips and the CHF, for me, greatly improved the handling.
Here's another tidbit that might interest you. Does your toilet and shower sit on the curb side of your ACE? If so the toilet does not dump directly into the black tank it is piped to the black tank and dumps onto a sloping portion of the tank that is not submerged (dry) till the tank hits at least 2/3rds full. There is a long thread on this subject you can search here. Bottom line, USE plenty of WATER when flushing solids to avoid a "poo dam". How do I know this? Don't ask! It ain't a pleasant task to break the dam! Wish I would have been clued in on this when we bough our ACE.
There will be others that will enlighten you with their experiences with their class A's I'm sure. For us traveling in a MH has, and I think will continue to be the way we like to travel. Enjoy the journey! Mark
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #16016
Hi Keith, welcome to this forum. hope you will enjoy and will be benefited in this community. as here you have the platform to take listen on various issues.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Welcome! Enjoy your new coach and all of your travels. Use it as much as possible in the first few months to work out any “new bugs” and you’ll have many happy miles thereafter.