Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 04:12 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #2333
Hopefully "soon to be" Axis owner!

Just wanted to say hello before I post anywhere else. Full time fisherman here who is hoping to get into an Axis soon to travel country with my fiance' and our dog (blue heeler).

I guess I'll post more in depth questions somewhere else but if you do have any recommendations on where the best place to buy one is I'd love to hear it, especially if you think any of those dealers have the capability to discuss extra discount in return for sponsorship? Fishing full-time isn't exactly a baseball players salary! However, we do reach a lot of people (for marketing) and if a certain dealer is easy to work with or talk to about getting a little extra off in return for some marketing their direction then that could just be the extra push I need to purchase from them. It's a long shot, but you got to work every angle when you're still early in your career, right!

Either way, glad this site exists and am excited about getting into an Axis or Vegas soon and learning from the more seasoned RVers here!

Old 06-29-2015, 05:05 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Wish you luck on your RUV search ... can't help with a where to buy but I wouldn't recommend CW.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Good luck, I can't offer any suggestions either--I doubt you'll find many here that have gone the sponsorship route.

Once you have your unit, however, we can offer all kinds of tips, tricks, opinions! LOL, and other ideas.

Again--good luck.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #4

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Good luck, I can't offer any suggestions either--I doubt you'll find many here that have gone the sponsorship route.

Once you have your unit, however, we can offer all kinds of tips, tricks, opinions! LOL, and other ideas.

Again--good luck.

would a 25.1 be a good option for a single person traveling along without a dog or kids or anything else. Just ask because the bed being a convertible one in the back, would be available for playing cards or whatever and watching tv. if the bed is easily converted each day. just sort of wondering if you had an opinion to offer.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26
would a 25.1 be a good option for a single person traveling along without a dog or kids or anything else. Just ask because the bed being a convertible one in the back, would be available for playing cards or whatever and watching tv. if the bed is easily converted each day. just sort of wondering if you had an opinion to offer.
The floorplan looks that way but there was a 25.1 owner on here complaining about how the rear bed is made up in that unit. I would try to find one to take a look at it before I committed to it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #6

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The floorplan looks that way but there was a 25.1 owner on here complaining about how the rear bed is made up in that unit. I would try to find one to take a look at it before I committed to it.
Thanks for the reply. I called Scott Moody at TV and his comment was you have to take the bedding off of the bed each time you fold it up. That pretty well scratches me from the 25.1. Going over to Denver tomorrow to look at the 24.1 at CW. I just thought it was nice to have a TV in the back with a two sided couch for watching TV but it's going to be a pain taking it down every night. Seems to be the common complaint. 24.1 is long enough anyway.