Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22e
State: Virginia
THOR #7211
Howdy

Click image for larger version

Name:	34426974574_500234e6f9_o.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	5259We just bought a like new used Four Winds 22e from McGeorges in VA. Talk about starting off on the wrong foot. It had been raining pretty hard a couple of days before and on the day we picked up the RV (actually a blessing in disguise). We didn't get more than half a mile from the dealer when a small waterfall started flowing from the bunk area above the cab. The one thing I am very apprehensive about in a RV, trailer, automobile is a stinking water leak. Here it is happening to me in our shiny almost new RV! I once had the floor rot out from under me in a travel trailer and didn't even know it, but that's another story. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper ☹️. Two 80 mile round trips and a few weeks later and they seemed to have sealed the leak/leaks (although there is still moisture in the front clearance lights which drives me nuts and they seemingly sealed in). Anyway, I am looking forward to some great experiences with the DW, two small dogs and this machine. [emoji2]

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
iDrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:45 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! Hope you luck turns around and your troubles are all behind!
Old 06-13-2017, 04:18 AM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
I don't get those front cap roof clearance lights.... No matter what I did as far as taking them apart and sealing them on our Axis, they still ended up with water droplets inside. I ended up finding the same size and style on the web that are LED and already sealed. Gave up on the old ones.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 22e
State: Virginia
THOR #7211
Hi Earl, Yep, moisture inside any lamp assembly has always been a pet peeve of mine. Where did you find your lamps at?
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
iDrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:31 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I don't get those front cap roof clearance lights.... No matter what I did as far as taking them apart and sealing them on our Axis, they still ended up with water droplets inside. I ended up finding the same size and style on the web that are LED and already sealed. Gave up on the old ones.
I was planning to do the same thing. I hate seeing water in those lights...

Do you have a part number on the ones you used?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you have trouble finding your lights you can try drilling a small weep hole at the bottom. I had to drill on our last coach because leds weren't available then, never had any more problems