Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2015, 12:49 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Howdy from Virginia

The wife and I just purchased our first RV, a Tuscany XTE, 36MQ after 3 yrs of looking. We take delivery next Saturday.

A little bigger than I wanted for a first MH, but here I am. I'm a little concerned about the Thor QC and customer service issues I've read about. But after expressing those concerns to a Thor rep and receiving a call from from the Head of Customer service I'm somewhat assuaged. Regardless, I've got names and phone numbers to call in the event something goes south. I understand that it is a complex machine, and that there will be issues, just hope I can get them successfully resolved.

Anyway enough with the negativity. We are pretty excited about getting on the road, enjoying our new purchase, meeting others, and seeing this great country.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
First of all welcome to the forum, glad to have you. The big major thing is before you sign on the dotted line go through the unit with the person who will show you how things work. Have them demo everything live in other word you want to see it work. Than you do it. If you feel that you will not remember vido that part. If you find some thing wrong have it fixed then and there before you sign. Once you are happy with every thing than sign and drive. If the dealership has park with it or close to one spend the first night there and continue to check it out. If not go home and do camp driveway. But the most important thing is have fun.
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:25 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Just be aware Thor are really good at hiding things from customers when they pick up their units - fatter molding hiding poor quality workmanship, etc. You WILL find things when you get it home that were not visible when you picked it up! Then the fun begins!!!!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote