Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
All looks great, have a great time and tread lightly

Old 07-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #22

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatNC View Post
Hi all!

Hubby plans to retire within the next 3 years and to go RVing most of the time, so we bit the bullet and bought an RV to start practicing It is used, a 2017 Thor Four Winds 31W and we love it!!! I am loving all the storage in it.

We are in NC and our first trip was a local campground about 12 miles away. Last weekend we went to a state campground on the lake. Very nice!! Gettyburg is next week.

Attachment 25006
Attachment 25008 This is just partial storage from right after the kitchen, the hall and into the bedroom.
Hope to meet you all on the road!
Great....good for you....but...Please, please consider adding upgrades to your handling....sway bars front and rear, steering stabilizer to keep the truck from wondering all over the road and maybe new shocks. This C class will drive you and not the other way around. Stay safe and keep those around you safe. I had a c class (freedom elite...same as yours, different name) and had to remind myself that it could have been a U Haul It instead of an RV....maybe not what you want to hear but truth be told....please consider.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Ohio
THOR #17621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgrape View Post
We have the same thing in the Chateau 31W. Wonderful amount of storage and auto everything. Ours has the entertainment center in bunk over cab and storage too. Congrats!!!
But really sold her was the full size residential frig!!!
Old 07-25-2020, 11:12 PM   #24

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
What's not to believe? What you really won't believe is the experience you're in for. I'll leave it there. Welcome.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:55 AM   #25

Model: Windsor 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #17511
Congrats! No better way to spent your retirement years.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #26
KCP

State: Ohio
THOR #18659
Congratulations. You’ll have the time of your life. I have to say your Class C looks exactly like our Quantum inside and out. We love ours.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #27
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatNC View Post
Hi all!

Hubby plans to retire within the next 3 years and to go RVing most of the time, so we bit the bullet and bought an RV to start practicing It is used, a 2017 Thor Four Winds 31W and we love it!!! I am loving all the storage in it.

We are in NC and our first trip was a local campground about 12 miles away. Last weekend we went to a state campground on the lake. Very nice!! Gettyburg is next week.

Attachment 25006
Attachment 25008 This is just partial storage from right after the kitchen, the hall and into the bedroom.
Hope to meet you all on the road!
First, welcome to the forum and congrats.

If you are talking about going to Gettysburg PA I would suggest you reconsider. PA is quarantining folks from NC.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #28
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Great....good for you....but...Please, please consider adding upgrades to your handling....sway bars front and rear, steering stabilizer to keep the truck from wondering all over the road and maybe new shocks. This C class will drive you and not the other way around. Stay safe and keep those around you safe. I had a c class (freedom elite...same as yours, different name) and had to remind myself that it could have been a U Haul It instead of an RV....maybe not what you want to hear but truth be told....please consider.
Regarding the quoted post. Make upgrades based on your driving experience with the coach and not based on someone else's personal opinion. Your driving experience and ability is not the same as anyone else.

The two things I would suggest you do:

First, load the vehicle for travel and then run it across a set of scales to get an accurate weight. After this set the tire pressure to that recommended by the tire manufacturers weight to pressure tables.

Second, with the vehicle loaded for travel have the front end alignment checked. Chances are the previous owner never had that done.

Enjoy the journey.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #29

Model: AXIS
THOR #16811
Congratulation and happy camping Ditto
Old 07-28-2020, 12:33 AM   #30

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: North Carolina
THOR #19382
Nice!! I miss being up there, but not the distance to everything.
Camping- Where Friends & Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time.
2017 Thor Four Winds - wherever the road takes us!
KrisCatNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:36 AM   #31

THOR #19382
I love that it has the full-size frig.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:46 AM   #32

THOR #19382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
sway bars front and rear, steering stabilizer to keep the truck from wondering all over the road and maybe new shocks.
I was thinking of the steering stabilizer before our Gettysburg trip because I did notice play in the steering wheel when we went to a nearby sites. We just got back from Gettysburg and she handled real well. Not a lot of play in the steering and she really liked driving 60-65. I still want to add the stabilizer though because there were a few instances when there was a lot of play in the wheel.

Sway bars are those just for towing? we aren't towing you as we don't feel comfortable adding a dolly just yet.

Thank you for the suggestions and help. It is all appreciated.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:47 AM   #33

THOR #19382
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCP View Post
Congratulations. You’ll have the time of your life. I have to say your Class C looks exactly like our Quantum inside and out. We love ours.
How awesome! do you have pictures in the forum? I would love to see them.

Cat
Old 07-28-2020, 01:13 AM   #34

THOR #19382
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Regarding the quoted post. Make upgrades based on your driving experience with the coach and not based on someone else's personal opinion. Your driving experience and ability is not the same as anyone else.

The two things I would suggest you do:

First, load the vehicle for travel and then run it across a set of scales to get an accurate weight. After this set the tire pressure to that recommended by the tire manufacturers weight to pressure tables.

Second, with the vehicle loaded for travel have the front end alignment checked. Chances are the previous owner never had that done.

Enjoy the journey.
Thanks! After our first local trip we did take it and have two new front tires and have it aligned because the older tires did have some wear on the inside and she handled very dumpy (not sure if everyone understand what I mean when I say that, but just really sloppy handling). They were also two different brands. Now she drives wonderfully.

This RV is my first time driving a big rig (big to me anyway) or any truck really that wasn't just a one off and I was very comfortable driving it. Heading out last week she really did handle pretty well on the highways. It was our first drive on major highways.

I did have hubby drive up on the scales and weigh this trip. I need to sit down and figure out the tire pressure. It was weighed with everything we will carry for each trip.

I appreciate the help! Thank you!
Old 07-28-2020, 02:28 AM   #35

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Welcome, Cat!
You are going to just LOVE the lifestyle! The people you'll meet, the places you'll see, the new things you'll do.... It's incredible!
As opposed to your 'morning side of the mountain', the hubby and I are on the 'twilight side of the hill' in E. Tennessee, and as if our little world is not beautiful enough, we just got home from a week in Destin, FL at the picture-perfect ocean shore. Being able to pick up and take off at a moment's notice has been wonderful, and like yourselves, we are looking forward to many, MANY lovely trips across this beautiful country.
Enjoy your new lifestyle! Stay safe!
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #36

Model: 24FE
State: Illinois
THOR #16593
Congrats

Welcome and congratulations. You will have such great adventures out there. Enjoy, enjoy!

John & Michelle