Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Iowa
THOR #1940
Introduction and a Vegas 25.1 question

Greetings, we currently own a 42' 08 Gulfstream Crescendo diesel pusher. We enjoy many things about it but the size makes it impossible for me to travel alone to the dog agility events I so enjoy. We are seriously considering downsizing to the Thor Vegas/Axis 25.1. I've studied all the photos but can't seem to locate where the black and gray water discharges are located. Any help locating and ease of use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kim

Old 05-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Black and grey discharges are located along the drivers-side in the very small hatch below the back end of the slide. Its all hidden away nicely--not used to this coming from a bumper pull and then a 5th wheel.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #3

THOR #1940
Is the hatch easily accessed? We have seen some hatches that are low slung under slides so one has to be a contortion artist to use them.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well its easy to get to when the slide is in:

(Note the above is from a dealer's website so I'm guessing it may disappear if the unit is sold).
In the image above the small hatch in the middle of the slide below the slide is the access to the dump valves.
The hatch in front of that is the propane tank (and the one in front of that under the drivers window is storage + the front fuse panel).

If we go down the side front to back the hatches are:
  • Storage + Fuse
  • Propane Tank
  • Dump valve access panel
  • Black tank--yup that big long one is not storage its where the black tank is
  • Storage (top rear)
  • Generator (bottom rear)

On ours we don't put the slide out until I have the sewer connected, and similarly when leaving we'll put the slide in first so I can get the sewer disconnected.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Take a very hard look at the rear bed arrangement in the 25.1 before you commit to a 25.1.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgibson1963 View Post
... We are seriously considering downsizing to the Thor Vegas/Axis 25.1.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 AM   #6

THOR #1940
Thank you Bruce, but the lack of dedicated bedroom space is exactly what draws us to this coach. We think a dedicated bedroom that serves no additional purpose is a complete waste of space. We need every space to serve multiple purposes.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #7

State: Oregon
THOR #2722
Bruce, Have you seen the bedroom arrangement in a Vegas/Axis 25.1 fully made up as a bed? I have been unable to find a photo online. The bedroom area is our main concern with this unit.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
THOR #2601
Here is a photo of my 24.1 that I labeled for use in checklists that I am writing. The compartments are all labeled. And as noted earlier, it is way easier to access the hatch and connect the sewer hose BEFORE extending the slide. And also don't forget, there is an approximate 6" plastic plate the closes a hole in the floor of this hatch area. The sewer hose connector swivels down 90 degrees and the hose attaches from below through the hole NOT through the hatch door opening. Click on the thumbnail for a larger view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Schematic.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	685  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodice View Post
Bruce, Have you seen the bedroom arrangement in a Vegas/Axis 25.1 fully made up as a bed? I have been unable to find a photo online. The bedroom area is our main concern with this unit.
Not sure if this will be any help, but check out this video at around the 8 minute point where the guy breaks down the sofa and makes a bed. Not a lot to show, but it might help a bit.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Here is a thread from the forum where the lounge/bed area is being discussed by other members:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3/...-1-a-1126.html
Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 AM   #11

THOR #1503
That is a slightly different bed arrangement from the 2015 25.1. In the 2015 the back cushion (the one along the driver's side) folds out and down and is not part of the bed. An inflatable mattress is used along with a cushion to make up the bed.

The video version is an improvement. If you spit the cushion along the rear wall of the coach into two pieces, one the width of the bed, you would have a decent size usable bed. The one piece cushion would present a challenge to making the bed. The split cushion would permit the use of custom fitted bedding.

No mention in the video of removing the arm rest.

I am going to contact the factory and see if this can be retrofitted .

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
Not sure if this will be any help, but check out this video at around the 8 minute point where the guy breaks down the sofa and makes a bed. Not a lot to show, but it might help a bit.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:25 AM   #12

THOR #1503
It seems that the new bed configuration on the 25.1 would create a bed about 51 inches wide.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
... you would have a decent size usable bed.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #13

THOR #1503
Thor's literature indicates the 25.1 bed is 54" x 74" .

Bruce

Quote:
It seems that the new bed configuration on the 25.1 would create a bed about 51 inches wide.

Bruce
Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #14

State: Missouri
THOR #3971
Rear bed configuration.

I just got a 2015 Thor 25.1 Vegas with the air mattress. How do do set up the bed?

Quote:
Take a very hard look at the rear bed arrangement in the 25.1 before you commit to a 25.1.

Bruce
Old 04-04-2016, 01:47 AM   #15

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Here is a photo of my 24.1 that I labeled for use in checklists that I am writing. The compartments are all labeled. And as noted earlier, it is way easier to access the hatch and connect the sewer hose BEFORE extending the slide. And also don't forget, there is an approximate 6" plastic plate the closes a hole in the floor of this hatch area. The sewer hose connector swivels down 90 degrees and the hose attaches from below through the hole NOT through the hatch door opening. Click on the thumbnail for a larger view.
Nice info. Thoughtful...Small tread highjack - on my 25.3 black/grey valves are in a small last rear compartment on the driver's side. Macerator being installed this week.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #16

State: California
THOR #2792
I do exactly the same with my 25.1
Old 04-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #17

THOR #3971
Bedroom arrangement relook

At first the wife and I were about to give up on sleeping I'm the rear. We tried it and decided to just sleep in the dining area and the top bed. Check what we came up with, it worked out fine.

Quote:

Bruce
Old 10-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #18

Model: axis 25.1
State: Indiana
THOR #5637
dish network

how do you hook up dish to axis 25.1
Old 10-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #19

Model: SOB
State: Colorado
THOR #2733
Rear Video of 2016 25.1

Here's a video my wife and I did of the how to set up and take down the rear bed in the 25.1. There was a change in the configuration of the bed starting sometime in the 2016 models which made it way more usable. The older configuration does seem too cumbersome, we were thrilled when they made the change for the 2016.

We LOVE the 25.1 model and feel like we get way more coach because of its unique floor plan. We travel a lot so the ability to use the back room on the road is huge. It's my wife's office, it's a place where the kids can go to watch TV, listen to their own music (this cannot be understated), or play wii. Last weekend it served as a changing room for marching band members and it often serves as a changing room for swimsuits etc when we're at the campground. With the mattress topper it is a very comfortable bed. There is no other way that we know of to get this much functionality out of a 27 ft coach. I get that older folks will want nothing to do with putting up and taking down a bed, but for now and many years to come this coach will serve us well.

Let me know if the link to the video doesn't work, you may have to copy and paste it into your browser. If it doesn't work I'll post pictures.

---https://www.dropbox.com/s/w11wzgn13vyul10/axis%2025.1%20setup.mp4?dl=0
Old 10-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #20

THOR #3971
Which fuse control the awning lights, on the Thor Vegas 24.1(2015)?

Tags
introduction, vegas 25.1