Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
THOR #11058
New to Thor

We are in the process of buying a new Windsport 29M. (Waiting for PDI). We are new to Thor and hoping that all that negative stuff we read about Thor online is just “fake news”. So far so good. We have named ours “The Last Resort”.
Not too many Canadians here eh!
Cheers!

Old 03-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #2

State: California
THOR #9612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric27 View Post
We are in the process of buying a new Windsport 29M. (Waiting for PDI). We are new to Thor and hoping that all that negative stuff we read about Thor online is just “fake news”. So far so good. We have named ours “The Last Resort”.
Cheers!
Congrads, great name, enjoy
Old 03-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Welcome. We have had our 29M for about 5 months. We are quite happy with it after getting our initial issues fixed. If you search the site for 29m you will see some of the problems we and others have had. If you do that reading before the PDI you will find items that may be common problems to check.
The best advice I can give is do a very good PDI. Take your time no matter what and make sure everything works inside, outside, and underneath. Check doors inside and out, windows, all power outlets everywhere. In other words check everything and be sure they get fixed before you leave with the coach. That way your first trip will be a good one.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I think you will find that you hear a lot about Thor because they are the overall #1 RV manufacturer so by sheer volume, there are seemingly more complaints. Also, happy people don't post as often about how happy they are. We have several threads that discuss those trends.

The 29M is a popular model and we have several very active members who post about their mods and upgrades to theirs. Stay tuned!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
This has GOT to be an exciting time for you!
We're glad that you found us!
As the inevitable questions start to pop up: be sure to pitch them into the big pot of knowledge; that is this place!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #6

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your new coach. Thats the important part. The more you get out and enjoy it the less those little inconvenient issues will be upsetting. If possible video tape the PDI and review it often for the first month or so. You will have some issues but thats what warranties are for. When reading the negatives on this Forum you see most are due to dealer response to warranty issues and the time it takes to get them resolved, not necessarily quality issues.

Good Luck and Safe Travels

Sam
Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #7

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Delaware
THOR #8127
Congrats! We have a 29M as well and we are happy with it. Some mods on handling recommended on this forum have really improved the driving experience.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #8

State: British Columbia
THOR #11058
Engine noise

Does anyone with a 29m have a lot of engine noise? I’ve heard that you can insulate the dog house with dynamat. Any feedback on that working?
Cheers!
Old 03-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #9

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Mountainsam is correct about the dealer making all the difference. Don't let them push you around!

There is an excellent Pre Delivery Inspection form in Ed Felker's excellent crowd-sourced manual that he assembled for Vegas and Axis. It will help keep you from missing important things.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L
Old 03-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #10

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric27 View Post
Cheers!
We bought our 34J in February. It was our third Thor, so it takes a lot to disappoint us, LOL. I was determined to do the most complete PDI ever. The system was full of water and they had leak tested it. They ran water for me in every sink and the shower. I can't believe that I didn't ask them to fire up the water heater. If I had, the burnt out electric element would have been discovered and the fact that the hot and cold water lines were switched. There will be issues but we love our coach and Thor customer support has always been good to us.