Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgriffis52@gmail.com View Post
seems like r v dealers are there to sell r vs not fix them, at least in a timely fashion, thor vegas has spent more rime at the dealership than in a campground. 2016 vegas 24.1 rg1
Seems like I'm hearing that from lots of folks. Our Coachmen was old but rarely had issues with it. I did have to replace the refrigerator core, but that was the only repair it ever had that was in excess of $500.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #42

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Using the insulated window covers really help. We cut ours to fit the cab glass and you instantly feel the difference.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #43

THOR #6026
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_170404.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	5506Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_170400.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	5507
Old 06-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #44

State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
I have a Thor ACE 30.2 and we have not had any issues with cooling down the coach and we live in the New Orleans area.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #45

THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaMyers.com View Post
Wow! Looks very professional. I am guessing you got these at the dealership?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #46

THOR #6026
Lol. No just made a paper pattern and cut them with a utility knife. We made the front in two pieces and taped the together at the bottom so we could wrap them around the mirror.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #47

THOR #6026
My husband puts them in nice and perfect, I just slapped them up for a quick photo.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:19 PM   #48

State: Virginia
THOR #8138
I bought a 2017 26B in April and so far no problems except that the Solera Power Awning has problems retracting. The 13.5K AC unit will freeze you out in 95 degree temps. So I got lucky there. I installed automatic Hydraulic Levelers and they are awesome. You will love them. I have made a ton of modifications to this coach over the past couple of months and love it.
Will be heading to Cape Cod next week.
Good luck on your AC issues.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #49

THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitt View Post
I bought a 2017 26B in April and so far no problems except that the Solera Power Awning has problems retracting. The 13.5K AC unit will freeze you out in 95 degree temps. So I got lucky there. I installed automatic Hydraulic Levelers and they are awesome. You will love them. I have made a ton of modifications to this coach over the past couple of months and love it.
Thanks! We're "supposed" to get a call back from the dealership this morning, but I am not going to hold my breath. Our awning is manual, and we had issues with it while the salesman was demonstrating it. Easy fix, and they took care of it while we waited.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #50

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitt View Post

I'll be interested in your awning issues. My Solera awning extends nicely but retracts VERY slowly and sometimes not at all unless I'm on shore power or running the generator. So far it's always made it back but I've worried about it enough to make sure I carry the tools to retract it manually (well, with a cordless drill) and know how to do it. If it makes it through the summer it might be my first warranty issue and I'll have it addressed during the "off season". Very happy with our new coach for it first 5500 miles and 27 nights.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #51

State: Virginia
THOR #8138
Mine does the exact same thing and I keep the drill handy just in case. I'll keep you posted. Next week I'm heed to Cape Cod (1400 miles RT and 6 nights) and then to Sturgis SD in August (5000 miles RT and 11 nights) so that will be a good test of the awning as well as the many upgrades I've added such as the front and rear Anti-sway bars and the Steering Stabilizer and other mods.