Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
just got a 2015 Windsport 34 e

Just picked up our new to me Windsport, 1st order of business is building ramps to level this baby, the driveway is 9 1/2 from level.
It's been 30 years since I had my last MH. Picked this one up about 90 miles away and drove it maybe 1/4 mile before getting on the freeway, which had construction barrels and narrow lanes. I felt like I was rubbing the concrete barriers the first 60 miles then got on "normal " road and it was a piece of cake.
Driving is different than my Class c, this seems to wander a bit.
I figure it will take a week to clean, load figure out how to etc. then we'll hit the road for a near by camp out.
Looking forward to joining in on some of the rally/get togethers
Grady

Old 10-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #2

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Welcome!

We have a 2014 Windsport 34f...love it. Any questions, please ask.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #3

THOR #13360
Thanks for the welcome. Once I get the thing leveled (ramps finished) and a few other things like rewiring a welder outlet. I'll probably have questions about the right hook up for a Toad. I've towed a bunch of trailers including my 5K boat and trailer, never a toad.
Where are you in Alabama My dad grew up in Evergreen.
Thanks for your service I did 4 year and 5 days in the Navy couldn't get out fast enough :-)
Grady
Old 10-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #4

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
We had a tow dolly for awhile...I hated it...I did not like having to get under car, hooking chains and straps. Then needing a shower before driving off.

We now tow (4 wheels down) a 2014 Fiat 500L 4 door, manual transmission, plenty of room. My wife can hook up toad in 5 minutes.

You can find plenty of info regarding towing on this site. I believe most people recommend towing 4 down, it's just easier.

We carry a verizon mifi for internet service. Works great in most locations. We watch netflix and I am going to try my amazon fire stick next trip.

We will be at Fort Picken's Campground Oct 15-20. A great place, if you love camping close to the beach. We just walk 200 yards and find the most pristine beach you have ever seen.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #6

THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
We had a tow dolly for awhile...I hated it...I did not like having to get under car, hooking chains and straps. Then needing a shower before driving off.

We now tow (4 wheels down) a 2014 Fiat 500L 4 door, manual transmission, plenty of room. My wife can hook up toad in 5 minutes.

You can find plenty of info regarding towing on this site. I believe most people recommend towing 4 down, it's just easier.

We carry a verizon mifi for internet service. Works great in most locations. We watch netflix and I am going to try my amazon fire stick next trip.

We will be at Fort Picken's Campground Oct 15-20. A great place, if you love camping close to the beach. We just walk 200 yards and find the most pristine beach you have ever seen.
Thanks for the invite, I think we need to do a couple local trips to see what we forgot and make sure everything is working properly before making a long drive only to find out we didn't bring sheets or something else important.
I planned on 4 down haven't anything good about dollies.

I got the ramps build now working on blocks for the jacks.

Not sure what a Verizon mifi is that wifi? I assume you take your wireless router with you or have one for the MH. We have Verizon phones with small data plans.