Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Smile Let the adventure begin!!

Hi there, here's me saying hello to the folks out there. I'm in the planning phase of our adventure now that I've retired.... travel the 49 US continental states and a bit of Canada in an RV!!... and part of the planning is of course purchasing the RV first :-)

I'm in the hunt for a Damon Tuscany ( I love the exterior)... so let's see how it goes!! My experience in motorhomes has been only in Europe (Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, England...) but is is time to move from the white boxes to a large 40 ft more fashionable colored RV...

Once I am up and running I will send you our blog so you can follow our journey!!

Cheers from Spain
PS. Send me a note if you are selling your Tuscany

__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
coachray's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
Posts: 1,157
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum
__________________
coachray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
paulwadley's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
Posts: 1,948
THOR #12698
Glad you joined us on the forum. Good luck finding your new coach and exploring in it.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ottosails's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
Posts: 165
THOR #24580
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your retirement!

You'll have many decisions and a lots planning to keep you occupied.
__________________
RV: 2021 Class C Magnitude SV34
Toad: 2015 2dr Jeep Wrangler
Motorcycles: BMW K 1600 B, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail (EVO)
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
MJC62's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
Posts: 1,387
THOR #14698
Welcome aboard from Indiana!
__________________
2018 ACE 27.2
Toad 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain Towbar
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachray View Post
Welcome to the forum
Thank you!!
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottosails View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your retirement!

You'll have many decisions and a lots planning to keep you occupied.
Haha yea!! Can't wait!!
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Welcome aboard from Indiana!
Thanks!! Indiana!! I shall be there one day....
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 22
THOR #26214
Welcome from Texas!
__________________
c1anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1anchor View Post
Welcome from Texas!
Thank you! One of the states Iíve visited the most ( business meetings mostly); I have many friends in Houston! But this time I wonít land at IAH but in my own coach 😊
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:55 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 4
THOR #26273
Hello Wanderers
I just purchased a Chateau 27R and will retire in 3 months. Taking short trips now and looking forward to longer ones soon.
__________________
Shappire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 2,164
THOR #6903
Welcome and enjoy retirement!

A nice newer clean low milageTuscany can be found for around $200k
__________________
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Welcome and enjoy retirement!

A nice newer clean low milageTuscany can be found for around $200k
Yes, I've seen a few but unfortunately I'm living the same experience when I bought my boat..... people don't reply to your messages.... others have been sold and they haven't updated the list for sale, etc..... for instance, this smartRVguide thing is the worst.... I've sent so many messages and no replies whatsoever!!

Is there a better website other than smartRVguide, rvtrader..... I really don't want to tour the whole country visiting the dealers in person..... I'd like to do it once I have a short list of 4- 6 RV to choose from!!
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,387
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRVadventures View Post
Yes, I've seen a few but unfortunately I'm living the same experience when I bought my boat..... people don't reply to your messages.... others have been sold and they haven't updated the list for sale, etc..... for instance, this smartRVguide thing is the worst.... I've sent so many messages and no replies whatsoever!!

Is there a better website other than smartRVguide, rvtrader..... I really don't want to tour the whole country visiting the dealers in person..... I'd like to do it once I have a short list of 4- 6 RV to choose from!!
SmartRVguide is more of a list of past listing and is NOT current. You can look at listings and see when they were posted, often many months ago. Its usefulness might be just to see what has been out there in the past. Sadly dealers don't keep ads current for a reason, they want you to call them so they have your contact and/or steer you to something else they have. RVtrade, RVT probably your best sources but after you find one on this sites, go directly to the dealership website since it MAY be more current. No guarantees though. In today's market a good condition well priced RV is likely to sell quickly so what you see today may be gone tomorrow.

Don't put too much emphasis on external appearance. That's bling and fluff and be more concerned about an RV with good bones and better build quality. In my opinion that isn't a thor product but to each their own.
__________________
2022 Renegade Valencia 35MB
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie
2021 Jeep Gladiator
2019 Harley Davidson FLHTC
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
SmartRVguide is more of a list of past listing and is NOT current. You can look at listings and see when they were posted, often many months ago. Its usefulness might be just to see what has been out there in the past. Sadly dealers don't keep ads current for a reason, they want you to call them so they have your contact and/or steer you to something else they have. RVtrade, RVT probably your best sources but after you find one on this sites, go directly to the dealership website since it MAY be more current. No guarantees though. In today's market a good condition well priced RV is likely to sell quickly so what you see today may be gone tomorrow.

Don't put too much emphasis on external appearance. That's bling and fluff and be more concerned about an RV with good bones and better build quality. In my opinion that isn't a thor product but to each their own.
Thank you!! Great comments. This brings me to another issue.... when I bought my first boat I had a mechanic doing a comprehensive survey, a sea trial and even an engine oil sample check up.... I paid a few hundred dollars and I was happy with the result which led me to make an offer that was accepted by the seller..... do we have something like this in the RV world? I mean could I ask the seller to get ready for a complete RV check up which eventually could be a deal breaker if things aren't as good as I expected? Thanks
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,387
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRVadventures View Post
Thank you!! Great comments. This brings me to another issue.... when I bought my first boat I had a mechanic doing a comprehensive survey, a sea trial and even an engine oil sample check up.... I paid a few hundred dollars and I was happy with the result which led me to make an offer that was accepted by the seller..... do we have something like this in the RV world? I mean could I ask the seller to get ready for a complete RV check up which eventually could be a deal breaker if things aren't as good as I expected? Thanks
Yes a prepurchase inspection is a good idea and is done by some but most just blunder into a purchase and then find unexpected deficiencies. That applies to new as well as used.
__________________
2022 Renegade Valencia 35MB
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie
2021 Jeep Gladiator
2019 Harley Davidson FLHTC
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
Posts: 602
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRVadventures View Post
Yes, I've seen a few but unfortunately I'm living the same experience when I bought my boat..... people don't reply to your messages.... others have been sold and they haven't updated the list for sale, etc..... for instance, this smartRVguide thing is the worst.... I've sent so many messages and no replies whatsoever!!

Is there a better website other than smartRVguide, rvtrader..... I really don't want to tour the whole country visiting the dealers in person..... I'd like to do it once I have a short list of 4- 6 RV to choose from!!
Follow MHSRV for awhile. They get some great used or consignment coaches and you can stay on the lot while you check it out overnight or two nights if needed.
__________________
lwmcguir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:36 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yes a prepurchase inspection is a good idea and is done by some but most just blunder into a purchase and then find unexpected deficiencies. That applies to new as well as used.
Excellent; I'll do that indeed!!
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
Posts: 9
THOR #26254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Follow MHSRV for awhile. They get some great used or consignment coaches and you can stay on the lot while you check it out overnight or two nights if needed.
Super!! I have to visit Alvarado, TX.... that place definitely doesn't stop amazing me!! I Hope prices are amazing as well..... in a good way for me I mean...
__________________
AmericanRVadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2