Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
New Thor ACE 30.2

Love internet forums. I have been using ideas from this one to answer a lot of questions about my 2017 A.C.E. and to help with things the dealer (Camping World) weren't able to supply me with.
Quick story: We bought a new 2016 Forest River Georgetown in anticipation of spending our winters in FL. On the maiden voyage last year we packed her up in Oh and headed south. This was our first MH (TT before) so by the time we got to FL we realized we had made a mistake with our choice. We didn't like the layout, the truck AC blew nothing but hot air the whole way. (I guess that's why they put the little cheapo fans in the corners of the windshield.)

After arriving we found that the bedroom AC was shot so we went to CW and told them we needed warranty work. We were told it would take a while to get the ok because the factory was closed for Christmas and that after that it would take weeks to get the unit installed. I asked them if anybody ever brought their new MH in and traded it on a new MH. They told me "all the time".

I traded it in on my Thor ACE and have been a happy camper ever since. Really like the quality of workmanship over the Goergetown. I have not been problem free but have been able to handle the little things that have popped up.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Many people have issues with Thor but it is evident that other manufacturers have problems too. I just hope whatever problems I have that they are minor. Congrats on the ACE.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I've said it over and over again, Thor isn't the only manufacturer with quality issues and it's not the worst!!!j
Old 08-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Glad to hear. Our first shake-down cruise in our new 30.2 and so far no issues. No shower leaks as others have had. Big rainstorm here in CT and no water issues from that. So far so good.