Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2022, 04:54 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #27738
Looking at a Majestic Ford E350 G19 2010

Hi everyone! I think I've found the perfect rv for me!
I'm wondering about the motor on this make. Which one of the 5.4's is in the G19 and pros and cons about that engine. Thanks!

Old 08-21-2022, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyb View Post
I'm wondering about the motor on this make. Which one of the 5.4's is in the G19 and pros and cons about that engine. Thanks!
It's a 19G, not G19.

5.4 liter V8 Triton engine - Less get up and go than the V10.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
.....cut.... Which one of the 5.4's is in the G19 and pros and cons about that engine. Thanks!
The 5.4L V8 in smaller Class C was the 2-valve SOHC version rated 255 HP and 350 lb-ft of torque. It’s essentially like the larger V10 (rated 305 HP and 420 lb-ft) but with advantages of a V8. Unlike the V10s, the V8 are inherently balanced and don’t require a balance shaft. And obviously, in smaller motorhomes the 5.4L V8 is more fuel efficient than the 6.8L V10.

ACE is right that it has less power than V10, but since motorhome weighs under 10,000 pounds, performance should be better than most larger Class Cs with V10.

Rental motorhomes can have high mileage and may have been driven hard by some renters, but that’s a different issue than what you asked about.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #4

THOR #27738
[QUOTE=Chance;358855]The 5.4L V8 in smaller Class C was the 2-valve SOHC version rated 255 HP and 350 lb-ft of torque. It’s essentially like the larger V10 (rated 305 HP and 420 lb-ft) but with advantages of a V8.....

OK; so this one is at 160,00 km. My thought is that I could have a mechanic go over the RV and do a compression check; and check for anything that might be damaged or aged by hard driving. I've read that some of these engines have spark plug "fit" issues but that won't break the bank if it happens.

When I bought my used 4 cylinder pontiac vibe wagon at 69,000 kliks I immediately switched to synthetic oil, and it's now over 350,000k and still peppy. I'm wondering if this would be advisable with 160,000k on the Ford V8 motor?
I'll be driving up to view the unit in the next couple days; fingers crossed. :-)
Old 09-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #5

Model: Majestic 19G
State: Maryland
THOR #27519
Quote:
When I bought my used 4 cylinder pontiac vibe wagon at 69,000 kliks I immediately switched to synthetic oil, and it's now over 350,000k and still peppy. I'm wondering if this would be advisable with 160,000k on the Ford V8 motor?
I'll be driving up to view the unit in the next couple days; fingers crossed. :-)
We're also relatively new owners of a used 19G, and curious to hear from folks about synthetic oil (we haven't had our first change yet).

Also, how'd the viewing go? Decide to go for the 19G?
Old 09-21-2022, 06:01 AM   #6

Model: ACE
State: Arizona
THOR #15278
Quote:
We had a Majestic for several years and loved it. We thought we'd try bigger and wished we hadn't traded it in!
We worried about it being a rental but the records showed regular maintenance. We did a thorough walk through and turned down the first one due to cabin damages from previous renters. Don't let them rush you, because in our excitement to buy, our rose colored glasses can blind us to some "imperfections"...so go slow!
You might consider getting a CARFAX and a compression check if it is the mileage is high. Ours was 129k and we didn't have any issues. We did take it in to our local RV place and get a tune up, etc. before we took it on the road.
We ended up adding more insulation for a quieter ride. Just a thought.
Happy RVing!
Old 09-21-2022, 12:32 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Did you buy it?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:47 PM   #8

THOR #27738
I cancelled the viewing b/c my spidey senses were going off. After offering to bring the rv down to my mechanic, the owner reneged and was a little huffy when I told him I had made the arrangements for inspection. There were a few other red flags. Owner had owned less than a year. He had installed numerous expensive upgrades, taken the rv on a months long trip for the summer in Northern Canada, and then decided to sell it. Those red flags I was willing to take with a grain of salt, but when he started being weird about my mechanic checking it, that was a full stop for me. :-(
I'm disappointed for sure. But it gives me a chance to learn more about rv's in general
Old 09-21-2022, 05:49 PM   #9

THOR #27738
No, see next post for my experience. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2022, 09:31 PM   #10

Model: ACE
State: Arizona
THOR #15278
Quote:
I cancelled the viewing b/c my spidey senses were going off. After offering to bring the rv down to my mechanic, the owner reneged and was a little huffy when I told him I had made the arrangements for inspection. There were a few other red flags. Owner had owned less than a year. He had installed numerous expensive upgrades, taken the rv on a months long trip for the summer in Northern Canada, and then decided to sell it. Those red flags I was willing to take with a grain of salt, but when he started being weird about my mechanic checking it, that was a full stop for me. :-(
I'm disappointed for sure. But it gives me a chance to learn more about rv's in general
Oh wow! Sounds like your Spidey senses saved you a nightmare! We bought our Majestic directly from the original rental business. I hope you find your dream RV soon!
Old 03-05-2024, 06:04 AM   #11

State: Alberta
THOR #31934
Hi I got the 2010 Majestic 19G, want to add a power outside outlet. Need to located the 110v cable underneath, any ideal or experiences to share? pls, thx.

Tags
engine, ford, g19, majestic, type