Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Georgia
THOR #3703
New Members Thor ACE 30.2

We moved up from a Springdale Travel Trailer to the ACE 30.2 on September 29th. We've taken three trips and have enjoyed the unit. We would have used it more but we're on our 4th attempt trying to get some of the new unit issues resolved - none what we would consider MAJOR work. We've owned the unit 144 days - 55 days it has been on the dealer's lot for resolution.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

The Bowens

Old 02-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #2

State: Colorado
THOR #3517
Welcome! As a fellow 30.2 owner can you share what issues you've had? We are waiting for winter to end so we can take our first trip and I would love to address any issues before then.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACE30.2 View Post
Welcome! As a fellow 30.2 owner can you share what issues you've had? We are waiting for winter to end so we can take our first trip and I would love to address any issues before then.
Glad to share :

Loud whistle any time we go over 45 mph****
TV/DVD in bedroom - DVD**
Trim piece loose over dinning table*
Trim piece at sink*
Shower leaked*
Leak around Dr window and slide****
Exterior speaker did not work*
Cable issues on the 2 of the 5 TVs****

*resolved on first service trip
**resolved on second service trip
***nothing resolved though we were told issues were resolved
****4th trip....4 weeks and counting. We've been told all issues whistle and leaks have been resolved, cable tv still is not the switch contacting Thor to replace the cable.

We are not happy it's been 4 weeks and still not complete.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #4

State: Colorado
THOR #3517
Thank you. Our's has been in storage and winterized since taking delivery. I ran everything during the PDI but it was our first motorhome so I'm sure I missed some things. We had a whistle as well but realized the driver window was not closed completely due to the curtain preventing it from closing all the way. We are waiting on 4 items currently from the PDI but I have the vehicle in storage until they have the parts.

1) Linoleum floor needs to be fixed where a screw was visible.

2) Axerra remote control was missing.

3) Table support was missing for the table in between the captains chairs.

4) The faux leather on the back of the drivers seat was scraped and will be replaced.

I did run the sinks and shower and did not observe any leaks but until we take a trip and use them it may not be apparent. Everything else seems to work fine but we'll see once we can use it more frequently.

We used Camping World in Longmont, CO which was a very good experience but their responsiveness since we took delivery has been slower than I would like. Our bedroom TV has no DVD only the bunks do. I also need to check the exterior speakers as I don't remember doing it. All the TVs worked but wasn't able to check the coaxial connection during the PDI.

Thanks again for your response and don't hesitate to contact me for any questions. I'll do my best to help even as an RV newbie.

Best regards,

Richard
Old 12-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #6016
Purchased a 2017 Ace 30.2 and just completed our first trip. We have 2 kids and 3 dogs. Overall we are happy with the coach. It is easy to drive and has sufficient power and plenty room for our family. We purchased it from Giant RV and paid 88k in California for it.

Issues that have to be corrected are:
-The door does not secure well and comes open when driving if not locked. Huge issue!
-The toilet does not hold water
-Jacks do not auto level
-There is a loose wire and the camera's do not work most of the time.
-Awning does not come out
-There is a whistling sound that starts about 45 MPH and goes away at 60 MPH
-The is a bad HDMI cable connecting the outdoor TV to the inside DVD player.
-The window shade does not go down.

Design issues I hope Thor corrects in future models are:
-The Heater is not balanced the back of the coach is is way warmer then the front.
-The heater vent in the bed room is to low it melted the glue on shoes that were left on the floor by it.
-The Whistle at 45 MPH plus I have noticed it has been a issue in previous model year reviews.
-The DOOR needs to be reinforced.

Overall we love the floor plan, size and performance.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:26 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Bowen family, Welcome and congratulations on your new coach!!! No coach is perfect but bear with it and you'll make a lot of happy memories!!! Merry Christmas to your family and a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of useful information and a huge group of knowledgeable and helpful THOR owners herein.