Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #1

Brand: Cruiser
State: Arizona
THOR #2520
Need Some Advice

Hello,

We are new Cruiser Toy Hauler Owners having bought a new 28' Stryker in January. We like the design, concept and functionality of the camper and once it stops breaking with each use we should really enjoy it. We are very frustrated with quality issues and lack of support from our local dealer and the factory.

We've camped 5 times thus far and the rig is into the shop for it's 5th visit. I've tried my best to work with my local dealer and Cruiser RV however I have received the standard responses from both. The standard response is that I have to work with my selling dealer to get warranty work and that the manufacturer can't tell me when parts are actually available. And the manufacturer does no follow up evaluation of their dealer network, at least mine.

my local dealer ends up keeping my rig for weeks at a time and still is unable to complete proper repairs over extended periods of time. I am 5 days away from a formal complaint with the BBB as nothing else I have tried results in better service. I don't like going to that extreme as I like to support local businesses however I have reached the end of my patience.

My question to the forum members, do you have suggestions on how to get my local dealer or Cruiser RV to take true responsibility for my quality issues and to become accountable for their product?

I emailed Thor's company president and have not yet received a response and I am doubtful I will hear back. Each trip to my dealer cost me half a day and $80 in fuel meaning Imam about $500 into warranty fuel costs alone.

If you are curious here is the list of issues thus far:
.. Large bubbles and defects in sidewall fiberglass / gel coat - fixed
.. Bedroom light switch wired backwards (upside down) - fixed
.. Power awning won't retract without manual assistance - pending repair
.. Main master bed support warped and required two support braces installed below in the storage area, fixed the issue but took up space in storage
.. Upper bed storage pins missing with delivery - fixed
.. Recall on slide out - received it months ago, was asked to bring unit in, dealer didn't know details of have any parts, still not installed - pending repair
.. Questionable brake operation, received low voltage shock touching front axle - pending investigation
.. Drooping underbelly insulation, dealer tried to fix twice, I fixed failing side, now other side is failing and is pending repair
.. Vinyl flooring has multiple ripples I it - pending response from dealer
.. Refrigerator only works on LP not AC - pending repair
.. Bedroom window latches broken, plastic, pending repair
... Screen door latch broken, plastic, pending repair
.. Rain gutters had gaps leaving stains on sides, filled so they don't drop - fixed
.. Bathroom sink needs caulking around bowl, pending repair
.. I replaced super cheap Chinese stock 16 inch tires, could find no specs on them like speed rating, replaced them with quality tires. Met a fellow owner that had a blow out on his first trip! Using such cheap tires should be criminal due to the risk it posses to owners.

I recognize our list of issues may not be considered major, however the inability of our Cruiser dealer to address them in a timely and professional manner is costly for us and very wasteful of our time. Several of the issues should have been caught and resolved at the factory such as the defects in the fiberglass sidewalls.

Our dealer will ask us to bring our rig in and they have no firm plans to work on the rig and return it in a reasonable timeframe with complete and quality fixes. I called managers at Cruiser RV and was told I had to use this dealer and if not I would have to pay differences in costs.

RV sales are way up and Thor stock is way up, too bad new product owners are made to suffer to support their success.

Thank you to any forum member that has a proven method to get real support from the manufacturer and parent company. With as many quality issues as we have experienced one would think the dealer and Cruiser RV would offer us a free year or two of extended warranty to prove they stand behind their products.

Ultimately our Stryker toy hauler may end up being a great rig that lasts the test of time. However, the first 7 months and 5 trips have been super frustrating, costly, and wasteful of our time and energy.

Happy and safe camping all,

JB