Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6333
New 2017 Thor Quantum KM24 owners.

My name is Ken and my wife is Denise. We are from the Tampa area. This is our second MH. Downsized from a 33' Class A. Picked up our Class C KM24 from General RV about 2 weeks ago. We appear to be the 1st KM24 owners in the forum. Had a few minor issues from the factory all being taken care of under warrantee. Did an overnight shakeout trip last week. Things went pretty well. Really like the driveability of the sprinter chassis and the full length slide was awesome when parked, but a little tight for the extra passengers when on the road. Will update as it gets more use.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!! Hope you enjoy many happy and safe miles!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:44 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Looks like an interesting floor plan. Enjoy and welcome to the forum. Lots of great info available.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Arizona
THOR #6335
Welcome to the forum we have a Quantum RS26 but we looked at your floor plan but felt the RS26 would better suit our needs
Old 11-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #5

THOR #6333
Did a 6 week trip this past summer from Tampa to Zion Utah and back. Totalled about 6500 miles. It was a site seeing trip and about 3/4 of the nights 9were remote camping. It drove like a dream esp. compared to our 1996 Ford RV which was expected. Averaged about 14mpg tried to drive at 63mph. The slide was our main issue. Went out fine but retracting could be an issue. Sometimes it would stick or come in lopsided (by couple inches.) Tried all the suggested tricks but what worked best was helping the slide in with a push on the slide where it was having troubles. Some suggestions: put the rear stabilizer down on the slide side before extending9 the slide. 2. Water pump would pump dry with 1/3 to 1/2 full tank (visual spot.) Tilted the RV out of level to get more water when needed. 3. Dash a/c was awesome, 15000btu coleman not so much. Coleman took 2-3 hours to cool the RV to acceptable dash took 10-15 minutes. Still haven't entirely figured out that one. 4. Installed an inverter so kids could watch tv while traveling. Did'nt want to run the gen while on the road for just the TV. The 8 gal propane tank on the rv was a valuable commodity for remote camping.

After the trip added the 2000w inverter. Have done a couple of short trips and love it. Have not hooked up the 200 watt panels as we use it primarily for on the road. It runs everything but the
a/c and batteries are recharged thru the alternator while traveling. All for now.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:54 AM   #6

Model: KM24
State: Colorado
THOR #10410
Has anyone been towing a wrangler with the KM24. I'm looking at a 2-door 2018 wrangler for a toad but, not sure if it can tow it (KM24) ?
Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 AM   #7

THOR #10410
Alaska bound in our KM24 this May, from Colorado. 1st time so, not up-to-speed with best route/road to take going north. We plan to return to the states through Seattle Washington where we will stop to visit friends. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

Model: Quantum KM24
State: California
THOR #8332
Hi I also have a KM24, since last June. Have had several warranty things taken care of with no problem. I was wondering what other KM24 owners thought about the brakes. Seems like a lot of pedal travel and although they stop okay, I don't feel confident with a long down hill trip. The Mercedes Sprinter dealer said what I'm experiencing is normal. This is my first motor home and overall my wife and I are very happy with it. It's small enough to park and the side of our house, it's easy to drive and it opens up to be very roomy for the two of us.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #9

THOR #6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&LTing View Post
Hi I also have a KM24, since last June. Have had several warranty things taken care of with no problem. I was wondering what other KM24 owners thought about the brakes. Seems like a lot of pedal travel and although they stop okay, I don't feel confident with a long down hill trip. The Mercedes Sprinter dealer said what I'm experiencing is normal. This is my first motor home and overall my wife and I are very happy with it. It's small enough to park and the side of our house, it's easy to drive and it opens up to be very roomy for the two of us.
I had the same concern with pedal travel. Mercedes dealer rep drove it and said it was normal. Brakes worked well on our 6500mile trip up and down the Rockies. Installed Sumoshocks on the rear. Awesome difference. Highly recommend. Easy do at home.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #10

Model: Quantum KM24
State: Georgia
THOR #8438
I believe that is normal for the Sprinter. The brakes on our 2018 KM24 is no different than those were on our 2007 Winnebago View Sprinter.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #11

THOR #10410
THOR KM24-Brakes

I have a KM24, also long brake pedal travel but, no brake issues Stops just fine. Heading back to Elkhart IN, to get warranty work done a factory as local LD dealer playing games and want’s to charge $$$ just to look at any warranty issues?http://www.thorforums.com/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif