Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni RS36
State: Colorado
Posts: 6
THOR #25395
New 2022 Thor Omni RS36

I took delivery last month and have had a few nights in it. This is my 5th RV so I generally know what to expect and so far the Omni has exceeded my expectations. Besides a few cosmetic things there have been no issues. After a few terrifying and damage causing attempts at auto level I'll never try it again. Manual level is fine with me. But this has nothing to do with Thor. If anyone has any questions about this model I'm happy to attempt to answer them.

__________________
2022OmniRS36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
coachray's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
Posts: 1,158
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum
__________________
coachray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 7,202
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 22
THOR #25067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022OmniRS36 View Post
I took delivery last month and have had a few nights in it. This is my 5th RV so I generally know what to expect and so far the Omni has exceeded my expectations. Besides a few cosmetic things there have been no issues. After a few terrifying and damage causing attempts at auto level I'll never try it again. Manual level is fine with me. But this has nothing to do with Thor. If anyone has any questions about this model I'm happy to attempt to answer them.
Could you give more details about your auto leveling? I recently purchased a 2022 wind sport 29m and I found that my side to side leveling is switched so the front passenger gets raised with the rear driver side and vice versa. I'm wondering if you have the same issue.
__________________
https://explorecamping.us

https://tjbryant.com

2022 Windsport 29m
tjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
paulwadley's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
Posts: 1,950
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni RS36
State: Colorado
Posts: 6
THOR #25395
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbryant View Post
Could you give more details about your auto leveling? I recently purchased a 2022 wind sport 29m and I found that my side to side leveling is switched so the front passenger gets raised with the rear driver side and vice versa. I'm wondering if you have the same issue.
My issue was that the auto level raised my rear wheels about 12 inches off the ground and as I manually retracted the jacks the coach fell and destroyed one of the jacks. I had to replace the jack for about $500. The coach also hit my garage when it fell but that's my fault for parking too close to it. The second time I used auto level it did the same thing but as soon as I saw the wheels lift off the ground I retracted and swore I'd never use auto again. Manual plus a level is very easy. Yours does sound like the lines got installed wrong.
__________________
2022OmniRS36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:39 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 22
THOR #25067
Ah ok. Yea mine just plops down also. Maybe even when I get the lines fixed I'll stick to manual leveling. Enjoy your new MH!
__________________
https://explorecamping.us

https://tjbryant.com

2022 Windsport 29m
tjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #8
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 7,202
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022OmniRS36 View Post
My issue was that the auto level raised my rear wheels about 12 inches off the ground and as I manually retracted the jacks the coach fell and destroyed one of the jacks. I had to replace the jack for about $500. The coach also hit my garage when it fell but that's my fault for parking too close to it. The second time I used auto level it did the same thing but as soon as I saw the wheels lift off the ground I retracted and swore I'd never use auto again. Manual plus a level is very easy. Yours does sound like the lines got installed wrong.
It sounds like your zero point was improperly or never set.

As a note some folks believe auto level may cause structural separation issues they have experienced on the Magnitude/Omni.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 22
THOR #25067
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
It sounds like your zero point was improperly or never set.

As a note some folks believe auto level may cause structural separation issues they have experienced on the Magnitude/Omni.
Manually resetting 0 point definitely helped me some but didn't resolve all the issues.
__________________
https://explorecamping.us

https://tjbryant.com

2022 Windsport 29m
tjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 38
THOR #2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022OmniRS36 View Post
I took delivery last month and have had a few nights in it. This is my 5th RV so I generally know what to expect and so far the Omni has exceeded my expectations. Besides a few cosmetic things there have been no issues. After a few terrifying and damage causing attempts at auto level I'll never try it again. Manual level is fine with me. But this has nothing to do with Thor. If anyone has any questions about this model I'm happy to attempt to answer them.
Make sure the auto level module in the lower bay was not installed on a side wall or may be loose. It usually is installed on the top of one of the lower storage bays.
__________________
trowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2