Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18251
Old RV’r-First Class A 😎

A long time lurker on many Rv forums , I’ve regularly posted on the Jayco owners forum (GoGranpa) Been out in the RV world since 1993. After several tents The first was Pop up a Jayco 1406 new in 1992 owned and used for 12 years long break 2 years ago bought a TT A Jayco Octane 222 toy hauler, been following IMSA races for couple of years now as I’m starting my 3rd year back to the road I’m picking up my first motor home a class A tomorrow, it’s a 2019 Outlaw 38MB. Already learned a lot browsing this forum. Heading to Sebring 12hrs in 2 weeks. Hope I can drive this big thing😳
I’m looking for many miles of smiles in the Outlaw! 😎

Old 03-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Congrats and Welcome!! Enjoy the Trip!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome aboard!
You've sure got a lot of RVing under your belt... I can that your experience is going to come in very handy for all of us!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome, congrats on the Outlaw and may you travels be many and safe.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: California
THOR #8900
Congrats and welcome
Old 03-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new MH! Enjoy the journey!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #8

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #9

THOR #18251
Thanks everyone, well my timing for this purchase in hindsight maybe poor (thinking if I waited a couple of weeks might have been more deal there)BUT no regrets they rescheduled the IMSA race at Sebring to November so I headed out for a State Park in MO for a week instead (they have since closed all Sp in Missouri) great way to social distance 🤐 the shakedown cruise went well this was a lightly used unit less then 5 k miles most systems worked well. Issues with one of 4 TVs was not connecting screen was cutting off and on .then it took me awhile to figure out the Sky4 WiFi ranger and there is a Sony DVD/ HDMI switcher that took some figuring out. Only problem was a little water in shower coming under the shower door frame. First thought it was plumbing under pan but after checking with shower in use all is dry around pipes found water “weeping” under the door frame a Re-caulking will be done and we shall see.
Fresh water tank city fill is very S-L-O-W don’t know if that’s normal the .gravity fill was much quicker. 150 gal capacity!
Again thanks for all the info and warm welcome . Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #10

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
Hi there. Glad your trip was fairly trouble-free. Just noticed that we are practically neighbors. We're over in greater downtown metropolitan Rockledge!
Hopefully this social distancing thing will be over before too long and we will both be able to get back out there to enjoy the rigs and experiences. BTW welcome to the Class A family.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:39 AM   #11

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome There are many folks out here with a lot of knowledge and wisdom that are ready willing and able to lend a hand. Have a great experience on the road.

Paul
Old 04-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #12

THOR #18251
Thanks neighbor, I’m from the Brevard area have a house over in Cape Canaveral beachside. I spend as much time there as I can but for now home base is in Missouri around St. Louis. Have a Rv pad and power pedestal (50amp) at the MO house.
The coach has been great and mostly trouble free. 2 weird episodes right after I brought it home of “ghost slides” researched on this form and although I have updated firmware on the multiplex that fixed this issue I just reset that system and reinstalled app on IPhone and no issues so far.
I modded the rain gutters as the forward ones discharged the water directly on to the top of sidewall exactly above the forward cab windows because of very short inadequate down spouts really Poor design but easy fix by extending the “downspout” about 1 1/2 “ and now the water falls to ground and not dribbling down the sides risking intrusion above front cab windows .Not liking the factory axxera TVs I will replace each (4) with smart ones as budget allows.
One thing I can’t seem to figure out though is the entrance handle on the exterior front door. The data sheet shows a “lighted” handle -clear tube- but I can’t find a switch or ever seen it working at night mystery so far. I’m not ready to dismantle it yet I’m sure I’m just missing some simple explanation.....
I also added “fatmat” sound insulation under doghouse and cab floor and wheel wells made a huge difference in sound level while driving, and speaking of driving also added SafetySteer damper. This is a big gasser and it drives pretty good. No suckin or blowby from the other big rigs on the road. I was actually surprised by how easy stress free the drive was. I’ll know more when I attempt a 600 mile day.

One good thing about this social distancing is plenty of time to putz around with my new toy.��