RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
Posts: 10
THOR #17204
New Axis 24.1

My wife and I just placed a deposit on a new 2021 Axis 24.1 (with the new chassis/engine). We owned a Newmar Dutchstar for 14 years and 99,000 miles but sold it 3 years ago. Weíve come ro realize that the hotel gig isnít for us.

An Axis 24.1 is a huge step down from a 39í Dutchstar for sure but the floorplan works for us, especially the ease of access as my wife has some physical. challenges.

Itís scheduled to come in in about 5 weeks. Weíll be asking a lot of questions!

Jim from MO
__________________

__________________
jlauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,183
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.

You can spend the 5 weeks or so reading Ed's excellent crowd-sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual found here:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...nual-4961.html

(By the time it comes in you'll know more about the coach than the guy showing it to you LOL.)
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 4,830
THOR #2121
Congratulations.


Other than chassis differences, are you aware of any other changes and or upgrades for 2021 model year Axis?

I havenít seen the latest information or literature from Thor ó still showing 2020 model year.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 3,054
THOR #6826
Very exciting. Hoping you find many miles and nights of travel.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:34 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
Posts: 10
THOR #17204
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations and welcome.

You can spend the 5 weeks or so reading Ed's excellent crowd-sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual found here:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...nual-4961.html

(By the time it comes in you'll know more about the coach than the guy showing it to you LOL.)

Because I downloaded Edís manual about 3 months ago, I ALREADY knew more about it!
__________________
jlauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:34 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
coachray's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
Posts: 735
THOR #13648
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
__________________
coachray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:37 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
Posts: 10
THOR #17204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Congratulations.


Other than chassis differences, are you aware of any other changes and or upgrades for 2021 model year Axis?

I havenít seen the latest information or literature from Thor ó still showing 2020 model year.

I am trying to get that info in writing myself. I seem to remember that it has Apple Car Play and TPMS. I sure hope so.

The factory is late getting the new info out due to the shutdown.

Iíl let you guys know what I find our.
__________________
jlauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:48 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 4,830
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauerman View Post
I am trying to get that info in writing myself. I seem to remember that it has Apple Car Play and TPMS. I sure hope so.

The factory is late getting the new info out due to the shutdown.

Iíl let you guys know what I find our.

Thanks ó I look forward to new information for 2021.

For what itís worth, Ford specs show TPMS is now an option on Dual Rear Wheel chassis, and is included in motorhome prep package. What we donít know for certain is whether Thor orders the stripped chassis with motorhome package or not; although I expect they would.

Previously, only Single Rear Wheel E-Series offered TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	394A91BC-BB29-4D60-A9D9-1D99BC5A8650.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	23716  
__________________

__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×