Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: c class 31l
State: Louisiana
THOR #2841
New c class owner

Just over a week ago we are owners of a four winds 31l motorhome. This is an upgrade for us from a tow behind of 8 years. Not new to the camping world but I must admit driving and setting up the c class unit is a lot less work.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by djduke View Post
Just over a week ago we are owners of a four winds 31l motorhome. This is an upgrade for us from a tow behind of 8 years. Not new to the camping world but I must admit driving and setting up the c class unit is a lot less work.
congrats on the 31L!

We've had a few issues and I've done a fair bit of upgrading and tweaking to our liking, but we like the floor plan.... except for the high chair toilet.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Welcome. We have the Chateau 31L. Got it at the end of July. So far, we are loving it. Doesn't mean that we haven't had a few minor problems but the good far outweighs the bad. I agree with blw2 about the high rise toilet.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
Congrats, We are happy with our 23U, Its only the two of us,maybe our grandson once in a while. But with a agressive slopped street and drive way that was the only thing that could drive up and park on our property. Anything longer would bottom out.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
Congrats on your new MH. We also went from a towable(5th wheel) to a MH. This is our 3rd MH and setup is a heck of a lot easier with the MH. Not to mention, I love being able to get into the fridge without putting a slide out.

Fred
Old 09-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #6

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
yep, I was strongly weighing various TT options when we were considering upgrading from the popup.
Now, every time I see a TT going down the road, or pulling into a CG and setting up I cringe at the thought of all that work coupling up....
I was resistant to the idea of a MH at first, but the rest stops at less than a minute from setting brake, to bathroom, to fridge, to releasing brakes.... what's not to like?!?

The only thing I'm missing is the auto levelers.... I really wanted that. So far though it has rarely been an issue.... so it's pretty much pull into a CG, set the parking brake, then hit the fridge..... then go out and plug in and hook up the hose when i feel like it. Love that!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I love the auto levelers. Had to level manually in previous MH and even that wasn't bad but this one button stuff is great. And I like having a toad. Gives us mobility when we want to site see in the area of the campground.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #8

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I was tired of trying to find a parking spot for our Chevy 3500 Dually crew cab, 8' box when we pulled the 5th wheel. I am also not as concerned about going down the road with the MH as it is only 12' 4" as opposed to the 5th wheel that was 13' 6" and that was the actual height measurement. All in all, the mh is so much easier to drive and set up. The 5th wheel was more comfortable when you got there.

Fred
Old 09-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

....cut....

I was resistant to the idea of a MH at first, but the rest stops at less than a minute from setting brake, to bathroom, to fridge, to releasing brakes.... what's not to like?!?

....cut....
After owning our first motorhome, we decided to rent a trailer as a test thinking it would be smart to buy one and pull it with a van or SUV. We thought having the vehicle as a second car and being able to service it much easier and park it at home would be a no brainer.

It only took one 2,300 mile trip to convince us that a travel trailer wasn't a good match for our travel habits. I really liked having the pickup free to drive around while set up for a few days, but absolutely missed not having access to food and bathroom while on road -- and we do more traveling than camping. I would only now consider a small TT if I could pull it with a Class B. That would be ideal for us but Class Bs that can pull a trailer are essentially a thing of the past.