Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Wisconsin
THOR #18262
New to the forum

Hello from Wisconsin. My wife and I started camping in a tent twenty years ago and finally made it up to a class A. We bought a new Hurricane 34 J last year and our first trip in it was to Yellowstone. I have found this forum to be very helpful.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We're glad that you found us!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Welcome aboard! Yellowstone is the Disney Park of the natural world! What a great shakedown cruise!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum and may your travels be safe and trouble free.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
How long did you stay at Yellowstone? What areas did you camp and how was the experience? I've heard it's not too friendly to the bigger rigs.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Wisconsin
THOR #18262
We stayed a total of 6 days at yellowstone. We actually camped at an RV park in West Yellowstone and drove our jeep in each day. I don't know if this is the best way to do it because it made for some long days in the jeep and the traffic can move slow. A friend recommended the RV park because the campgrounds in the park are known to have small sites. Overall it was a good experience. Put in a lot of miles and saw a lot of awesome sights.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:49 AM   #7

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
How long did you stay at Yellowstone? What areas did you camp and how was the experience? I've heard it's not too friendly to the bigger rigs.
There are several campgrounds in Yellowstone that are bigger rig friendly. Two that we have stayed in that will fit your big C. Madison on the west side of the park and Grant Village. Additionally there are full hookups available at Fishing Bridge. Though with the road construction that started when we were there last summer Fishing Bridge may be closed for 2020. (I wouldn’t try to stay in the park without reservations)
We have visited Yellowstone 5 times in the last 8 years. I can hook you up Gritz with some of the best options for camping in and around Yellowstone. Tons of National Forest Campgrounds ( several with 30 & 50 amp electric) around the park leave many many options to stay as well as rv parks in West Yellowstone and Gardener Mt if that is more to your liking.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #8

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Welcome to the Forum!
We stay in the Yellowstone area but outside the park every vacation (at least twice per year). Yellowstone's Edge RV park is 31 miles north of the North entrance-lots of pull-throughs and right on the river, with mountains on both sides. It's 19 miles north to Livingston, and another 23 west to Bozeman if you need a city with some size to it.

Take a look:
https://yellowstonesedgervpark.com/

We'll be there for 2+ weeks during the Memorial Day holiday timeframe.
GVP
Old 03-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #9

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Last summer I stayed at the Grizzly RV Park next to the west entrance of Yellowstone. It was a great location and only a few minutes to the park entrance. You do need to make advanced reservations to get a spot. I drove my motor home (2018 Thor Siesta) which is built on a MB Sprinter chassis all through the park with no problems parking it. Some of the larger units had some issues in some of the parking lots but everyone seemed friendly when parking. Fishing Bridge was closed when I was there July 2019. My senior park pass came in handy each day we visited the park.

Paul
Old 03-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #10

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Welcome and glad you enjoyed your trip. We started in a tent when we were young, moved up to a tiny pop up with the kids, then a bigger pop up. Then rented an RV, loved it, and bought one as we approached retirement.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #11

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk17 View Post
Hello from Wisconsin. My wife and I started camping in a tent twenty years ago and finally made it up to a class A. We bought a new Hurricane 34 J last year and our first trip in it was to Yellowstone. I have found this forum to be very helpful.
We have a 2018 Wind Sport 29m. They are basically cousins. We love ours and have done many mods and upgrades from a new mattress, Sumo Springs in front and a RoadMaster Anti-Sway bar in the rear, electric dual recliners where the sofa was, a Aqua-Jet variable speed water pump, ceramic window tint, a new curved shower curtain and other things I can't recall. It's the perfect size for the two of us and it's fairly good on gas. I love RVing and can't wait to go back to the Florida Keys next March, The perfect get away from NC in the colder months. Hope you have many good memories as well; Bob & Wendy Trice