Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Synergy Warrior

We sold the big RV and downsized to a Synergy. Looking forward to even more cross country jaunts with our 4 little divas and wondering how many new parking places we will find now.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
What was it that made you buy this?
Old 12-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #3

THOR #6280
OMG Drivability! The Mercedes chassis is the bomb. It drives better than some cars. My dear wife absolutely refused to drive the big RV so for years I spent all my time behind the wheel then exhausted at the destination. (not much fun) She test drove this, liked it and was willing to drive it plus it's one of the best looking RV's on the market for it's size. Like all new RV's it had more than it's share of crappy quality issues on the coach portion. Now guess what? We bought this and I hardly ever let the dear wife drive. It's a pleasure to drive so I do almost all of it till. :-)
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #4

THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
OMG Drivability! The Mercedes chassis is the bomb. It drives better than some cars. My dear wife absolutely refused to drive the big RV so for years I spent all my time behind the wheel then exhausted at the destination. (not much fun) She test drove this, liked it and was willing to drive it plus it's one of the best looking RV's on the market for it's size. Like all new RV's it had more than it's share of crappy quality issues on the coach portion. Now guess what? We bought this and I hardly ever let the dear wife drive. It's a pleasure to drive so I do almost all of it till. :-)
I ran across your post quite by accident and while I typically no longer read your posts as you never miss a chance to bash Thor (you know the pieces of crap) this one caught my eye as I couldn't believe you traded one piece of crap for another (your words not mine). So what exactly is your gig anyway.
Quote:
Thor builds crap and everyone knows it.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:37 PM   #5

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon70 View Post
I ran across your post quite by accident and while I typically no longer read your posts as you never miss a chance to bash Thor (you know the pieces of crap) this one caught my eye as I couldn't believe you traded one piece of crap for another (your words not mine). So what exactly is your gig anyway.
Thor builds crap, that fact has not changed. However among the plethora of crap I have managed to hose down and shovel most of the crap off of this unit. I still have to take it back to Thor factory repair in May 2018 to fix more poor quality issues. My latest post concerned driving so perhaps your confused. (I'm not surprised) As you may recall the Synergy is built on the Mercedes chassis. That part of a Thor RV is a quality product and guess what smartass? Thor doesn't make it.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:59 AM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Thor builds entry and mid level products that are at least somewhat affordable. My Freedom Elite has had its share of issues - all of them fixable at no or small cost. The Ford part means it’ll always get me where I’m going and if “the house” part has occasional issues I’m not going to let it bother me or turn me bitter. It’s still more fun than sitting at home watching TV! It cost less than a nice pickup truck and I consider it an excellent value. I’m very happy that I bought it. I hope you find joy in your new rig.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:35 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Last year we took tours of several RV factories in Elkhart IN. I could see why they all come out flawed. The workers are literally flying on harnesses throwing pieces and parts at the campers. They are paid to make so many campers in a workday. The quicker they work the sooner they can go home, with the same pay.

I totally agree with you Pete, I see many post on here of people ranting and raving about there coaches being at repair facilities for months on end for loose fittings and crooked cabinet doors and such. Every TT or 5er we've had before this all had the same issues. I guess I am just a tinkerer by nature, if I see a loose screw I fix it. In 20 yrs I've brought 1 camper, 1 time, to the dealer for a leaky shower pan, when I got it back it still leaked. The pipe was solid but the shower pan had some flex to it. I went to home store and bought a flexible joint to put in the pipe so it could move with the rig, problem solved. Since then I have just fixed everything myself.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:20 AM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
My feeling exactly. These things aren’t rocket ships and repairs generally are pretty straightforward. The only complex part is the chassis ~ and those never seem to break. I’m somewhat amused when people post that they certainly could fix it themselves but, by gosh, it’s Thor’s fault, their responsibility and it’s under warranty so they intend to force Thor..etc. in the meantime, they are frustrated by the dealer, the long time frame and indifferent attitudes. Getting madder by the day. My coach has had its problems but it hasn’t been back to the dealer for any of them. Some repairs are easier than others and I’m sure I’ll eventually encounter a problem I need help to fix but it’ll have to be a big one!
Old 12-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #9

Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Even when I had the shower pan leak I wanted to fix it but my wife said it is under warranty let them fix it. When it came back unfixed she said go ahead and fix it. She has never argued with me again about fixing things myself.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #10

THOR #2581
Quote:
Thor builds crap, that fact has not changed. However among the plethora of crap I have managed to hose down and shovel most of the crap off of this unit. I still have to take it back to Thor factory repair in May 2018 to fix more poor quality issues. My latest post concerned driving so perhaps your confused. (I'm not surprised) As you may recall the Synergy is built on the Mercedes chassis. That part of a Thor RV is a quality product and guess what smartass? Thor doesn't make it.
Hahahahaha... just a little hypocritical... no actually a lot!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:14 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Regardless of what your feelings are about Thor: Congratulations on the new rig!
How about some pictures of it, and your four Divas?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #12

THOR #6280
I ran into some people like you in the last 45 years. In the service I assigned them "special duty" it quickly changed their attitudes. After that in business I simply didn't hire them, gave them time off without pay or just fired them. My guess is you did poorly in the service (if you even served) and you had a lot of jobs in your life. :-)
Old 12-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #13

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Regardless of what your feelings are about Thor: Congratulations on the new rig!
How about some pictures of it, and your four Divas?
Here you go my little darlings!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E2555.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	8339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Halloween 2016.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	8340  

Old 12-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
AWWWwwwww..... They're as cute as buttons!
We've got a five pound Pomeranian (TinkerBell), that would fell right at home with them!
Old 12-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #15

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
AWWWwwwww..... They're as cute as buttons!
We've got a five pound Pomeranian (TinkerBell), that would fell right at home with them!
Nice to have mans best friend around. If you're like us, you love your dog like your own children. I tell people I have four puppies and if there is a Zombie Apocalypse and food becomes scarce, some of you people won't make it because my dogs will eat. 😨

Here are some pics of the RV you asked for. We factory ordered without the mame graphics they typically place on all sides "Synergy".
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	8349  
Old 12-26-2017, 04:54 AM   #16

THOR #6280
2017 Thor Synergy tt24
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	8350  
Old 12-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
That's a nice-looking rig!
Love them like our own kid? Nah...
MUCH better!
Old 12-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #18

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Tiffin make the Wayfarer. Did you consider it? I’d like to think their stuff is a bit higher quality than Elkhart products. 🤔
Old 12-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #19

THOR #2581
Quote:
I ran into some people like you in the last 45 years. In the service I assigned them "special duty" it quickly changed their attitudes. After that in business I simply didn't hire them, gave them time off without pay or just fired them. My guess is you did poorly in the service (if you even served) and you had a lot of jobs in your life. :-)
Now your just having trouble getting anything right aren't you. 20 year Senior Chief, 14 years working for the state of Oregon and retired when I was 54. It must be tough being bitter all the time.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #20

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Synergy

Quote:
2017 Thor Synergy tt24
DogLovers,
Congratulations on your rig and I hope you get to enjoy it a lot!

We have a 2016 TT24 in the Ming Blue scheme too. Keep a watchful eye on the transition seals between the fiberglass and the membrane roof. The rear seam had fasteners overtightened and the screw heads just sheared off. That allowed the seal to raise up due to the air catching it while driving.

We too have had warranty issues but once those were addressed by our dealer we are pretty satisfied and are anxious to start using it again once the weather improves. It's been cross-country once and we hope to do that again soon.

Enjoy the journey,
Ed L
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L V6