Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM View Post
Thank you for the encouragement.

Use the quote button than type what you want. That way all will know who you are thanking. (As seen above) If not anyone can jump in front of you and no one will know who you are talking to. You have posted 5 thank yous but we don't know to who you are referring. Once you put a name in your reply. That works also. You can also use colors in your response as I did here by making it RED. (you must highlight and select color to do this) And the BOLD button

Also go to CP user and fill out a signature like mine that will show up on all of your posts and let everyone know what brand and model of RV you have and where you live. (as seen below)

Old 10-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #22

THOR #15553
Quote:
I need help please! My RV house battery died and I took it to Auto Zone where I was told that it wasn't any good. I was hoping that it could be recharged. They tired to sell me a replacement battery, but not being sure what to get as a replacement I decided to wait for a day or two. The old house battery has no information printed on it so I am not able to make a comparison as to the number of Amps, or any other information.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Martin
Measure as Bob stated. Be sure and buy a DEEP CYCLE battery. Not a car starting battery. Not just a marine battery but a deep cycle marine battery.

See where the quote button comes into play after 22 post. I can also use it to replay to anyone's post. Not just yours.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #23

THOR #15553
Quote:
Hi Bob. Picked up this battery from Auto Zone yesterday evening.It worked well and soon will put it to the test on a short trip. I appreciate your suggestion, it really helped.

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 675
Positive Terminal Side: Top Left
Reserve Capacity: 210
Battery Voltage: 12
Amp-hour: 65

Martin
No need to worry about CCA. you are not trying to start anything.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that you found the right size battery. Good luck testing it out!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote