RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Congrats on the new coach and welcome to the Forums.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alaska
THOR #6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodean View Post
I'm looking at the 23TB, which is a side slide. The generator in that unit is easily accessible from rear outside compartment door on passenger's side.
I believe in the 23TR, rear slide, the generator is in the middle on the chassis in the rear. I don't have all the answers, but something to consider, yes.
Yeah, I can see the generator exhaust pipe in the photos, but don't see an access door to get to the generator itself.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #6740
I just drove my new gemini 1200 miles and be advised: The chasis battery is under the drivers seat! If you smell rotten eggs pull off the road and get out of the vehicle. My battery shorted out in route and my unit became a rolling gas chamber. I thought it was the Diesel particulate filter replenishing until I started wheezing and finally pulled off. Has anyone had trouble with the hot water heater? Mine is either hot or cold and fluctuates between the two every ten seconds.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #24

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothrider View Post
I just drove my new gemini 1200 miles and be advised: The chasis battery is under the drivers seat! If you smell rotten eggs pull off the road and get out of the vehicle. My battery shorted out in route and my unit became a rolling gas chamber. I thought it was the Diesel particulate filter replenishing until I started wheezing and finally pulled off. Has anyone had trouble with the hot water heater? Mine is either hot or cold and fluctuates between the two every ten seconds.
Yikes, that is terrible! Glad you figured it out. I am at about 4600 miles with no chasis battery issues (I did have problems with the 2 house batteries -- have had them replaced). I could not get water to heat at all and the dealership changed out the solenoid valve (other Gemini owners have reported valve problems on their tankless hot water heaters) but also mention other issues that can cause problems like constant water pressure.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:27 PM   #25

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
We have the 24TX Gemini, which is on the Mercedes chassis. The chassis battery for it is also under the driver, though I believe its more under the floor. As far as the gerard water heater, it has some idiosyncrasies that take a bit of getting used to vs hot water from a hot water tank. One thing about its functionality is, it must have a minimum amount of water flow through it to maintain hot water, if it drops below, whatever that minimum is, the heat cuts off, and you have only cold water. I discovered that one morning in the shower, used the water cut-off on the shower head, and wound up finishing that shower with cold water. Leaving the water on, solves that problem. Otherwise its seems to work ok.

Tags
gemini