Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2017, 04:41 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
I'm glad I bought mine too. Love the floor plan, love the handling of a 23.5 foot motorhome on a diesel Ford, and love the great comments I get from fellow campers while set up;-)
I have a good relationship with my dealership and any problems I've discovered have been addressed --reasonably quickly.
This forum has helped me a lot to know what to look for....I bought in December '16 so am still months under warranty hoping to find any "issues" before Christmas! Nancy

Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #22

Model: Gemini TB23
State: Florida
THOR #10966
Front wheel cover keepers

Hi everyone. Looks like we lost one of the front wheel cover keepers. They look like the other on the wheel cover, however there are 2 that actually screw on to the wheel to keep the cover on. Does anyone know where to get one for a 2017 Thor Gemini built on a Ford Transit 350 Hd?
Old 03-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #23

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne OConnell View Post
Hi everyone. Looks like we lost one of the front wheel cover keepers. They look like the other on the wheel cover, however there are 2 that actually screw on to the wheel to keep the cover on. Does anyone know where to get one for a 2017 Thor Gemini built on a Ford Transit 350 Hd?
We also lost a couple . We live in Illinois, bought in CW in Wisconsin. Nearest camping world in Iowa. When we brought it in for warranty work, we had them ordered , and picked up later. Important to make clear, that u do not wish to leave vehicle. Schedule appointment and work for same day.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #24

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Isn't that a Ford item, and if so, any Ford dealer should be able to get them for you.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #25

Model: Gemini 24TF
State: Nevada
THOR #11090
Just got the new 2018 Gemini 24TF

I'm glad to see a forum on these "RUVs". I have had it just over a month now; I will keep my complaints to myself until I see how Thor and the dealership resolves my issues. I love the style and layout of the rig and it is very roomy with the full side slide-out. It is on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis which is a nice ride but not looking forward to the maintenance costs. If there are any other 24TF owners out there, please let me know. One major issue is with the center sag on the slide-out and there is a "fix". Thanks all. I'm looking forward to tips and fixes you may have.

HB
Old 03-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to our little corner of things...
How about some pictures of your rig?
(We love pictures...)
Good luck with getting all of the "teething pains" settled-out!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:36 PM   #27

Model: Quantum KM24
State: Georgia
THOR #8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWBell View Post
I'm glad to see a forum on these "RUVs". I have had it just over a month now; I will keep my complaints to myself until I see how Thor and the dealership resolves my issues. I love the style and layout of the rig and it is very roomy with the full side slide-out. It is on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis which is a nice ride but not looking forward to the maintenance costs. If there are any other 24TF owners out there, please let me know. One major issue is with the center sag on the slide-out and there is a "fix". Thanks all. I'm looking forward to tips and fixes you may have.

HB
Don't have the 24TF but do have the Quantum KM24 with the same slide. Not sure about a sag but the slide doesn't close as tight at center corner as it does at the outside corners. We may be talking about the same problem. I'm interested in the fix and how do I get that information
Old 03-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #28

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
We have the 24TX, sprinter chassis, but two smaller slides. In general slides are one of the more problematic devices on RV's. Had several fairly minor problems with the slides on my former DP, so far so good with the two on the Gemini.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #29

THOR #11090
Gemini Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Welcome to our little corner of things...
How about some pictures of your rig?
(We love pictures...)
Good luck with getting all of the "teething pains" settled-out!
Here are some pictures. The front shot was taken at the dealership. BTW that's not me in the driver's seat, I'm not that good looking. The other shot is on it's maiden voyage down in Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20180207_170125.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	9486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5746.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	9487  

Old 03-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #30

THOR #11090
Slide center sag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
Don't have the 24TF but do have the Quantum KM24 with the same slide. Not sure about a sag but the slide doesn't close as tight at center corner as it does at the outside corners. We may be talking about the same problem. I'm interested in the fix and how do I get that information
I'm interested too about the "fix" I asked THOR about the fix and if there was a service builtin that went out to the dealers on how to fix it and they said "no, the dealers know how to fix it". I contacted our dealer and they are aware of the "fix" but didn't have anything on it. There is a bracket that needs to be attached in the center but that's all they know at this time.

When I find out, I will let you know.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #31

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Good looking rig and occupants. My dogs also like to take over driving duties when we stop for a break.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #32

Model: 2018 Gemini 23 TR
State: Quebec
THOR #11163
Thor Gemini 23 TR

Hi Gemini owners.
I am new to the forum and I am looking at acquiring a 2018 Gemini 23 TR. I know that a new rv brings a list of issues but bottom line are you satisfied with your 23 TR?
Old 04-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #33

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsds View Post
Hi Gemini owners.
I am new to the forum and I am looking at acquiring a 2018 Gemini 23 TR. I know that a new rv brings a list of issues but bottom line are you satisfied with your 23 TR?
Yup, very
Old 04-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #34

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsds View Post
Hi Gemini owners.
I like mine too. Nancy
Old 04-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #35

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Love it more every time I use it. Still consider ourselves newbies. Many things to learn .Lots of great info on this forum to fall back on. So, yes we are satisfied.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #36

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
I love mine with all its misgivings so far. We're not new and have been RVing for over 14 years so we know that some things can go wrong like it can with any RV out there. We have had our new RV for only a couple weeks and have our camping trip planned for the end of this month. That will be our first real test and I hope we have a clean sweep. I'm sure that you will also love this RV.