Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6815
Newbie and new here

Hi all,
Very excited , as we just purchased our new 2017 Thor FourWinds 22E. We take delivery on Wednesday if they can fit us in. Already noticed that the two 'attic fans' may need to be replaced by then with 'fantastic fans', and that we may need to bring our new baby to Ford for alignment.
What should we look for in particular for our POI before taking delivery, and sny questions we should ask. I know there must be a forum on just that, so if you can re-direct me that'd be great!

Thank you kindly!

Old 03-18-2017, 02:31 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Grab a copy of Ed's manual for Axis/Vegas units (found here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html ). A lot of that info is relevant to the other models that Thor sells. In addition he has a pretty good PDI checklist in there.

Oh yeah: Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach, and welcome to the forum!!! x2 with Jamie on Ed's manuals, everything you need to know is there. Have fun!
Old 03-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #4

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Welcome and Happy Trails!!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #5

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Welcome aboard!

You will enjoy this venue as a great source for RV info. The best part is there are no dumb questions and almost anything you need or want to know, others have done it already "right or wrong" and will tell you all about it.

Enjoy.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Songofjoy, We just traded in our 2015 22e so I am very familiar with the unit. The PDI is often rushed far too quickly to get you down the road. The 22e is a very simple coach, no slides, hydraulics, or other complex systems. So here are a few suggestions for you.

Have them demonstrate how to winterize and de-winterize the unit. The valves and water pump are under the rear portion of the dinette seat. Have them remove the two screws under the wardrobe to show you the access to the water heater bypass valves and the correct settings. Note (I bought a set of hinges for that panel and a catch so gaining access would be easier in the future, you will also discover some hidden storage space that would be available to you).

Have them demonstrate the use of the electric awning. Ask them to slowly explain/demonstrate how to retract it when the motor fails to work.

Do not leave the dealership without the proper amount of air in the tires. Ask to see a gauge reading if necessary. Should have 75 psi front and 65 psi rear initially. If any balking at that, have them show you the factory sticker on the drivers door post for recommended inflation.

Of course, have every appliance demonstrated. Start with the refrigerator first so it has time to cool and you can feel it.

A few tips when you get it home. Get the alignment done as soon as you can, at least before any long trips.

You will notice the lack of sufficient 110v outlets. You might want to add a few.

Smart move on the fantastic vent fans, particularly the bathroom. I installed a Vortex fan in place of the anemic excuse for a vent fan the factory installed.

Anyhow good luck with your new unit.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Congratulations on your new rig!
Checklists are the best suggestion I ever heard. Use one for PDI, one for setting up to camp and another for breaking camp.
It might be helpful for you to video the PDI. As was said, they tend to rush. Later when you are on your own, you will wonder just what was that they told you.
Ask the tech for a phone number that you can call on evenings or weekends until you get all the systems figured out.
Bring your questions here, so many knowledgeable and helpful folks willing to help.
Happy trails!
Old 03-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 26B
THOR #6414
Congratulations. Our 26B came off the production line last Thursday so it should be at the dealer in a couple weeks. We looked at the 22E but decided on going a bit larger to get the sofa.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #9

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Congrats and welcome from Florida! Don't know where you are located in Florida but we found a big truck repair type facility to do our front end alignment.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #10

THOR #6491
Congrats and welcome from Central Florida.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #11

THOR #6815

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! Will be taking a PDI check list that the first poster,Jamie gave to me and we'll be covering that. Great idea to take a video so I remember everything! Will try go not let them rush me! Got a call today from the inspection person and I had labor and delivery of parts for a sway stabilizer set for tomorrow but he needs the vehicle himself tomorrow so I had to cancel that. He had a place for Friday and I said no...He fit me in Wed. so we can get it done sooner than later, can use my auto mechanic instead. Cheaper that way...but fitting me in he might just be in a rush. He hasn't met the Song of Joy lol ! Will be aligning tires soon too. We are in South fl btw...so if you know of a good place for that let me know. Otherwise heading to a Ford dealership .So glad to have support here!