Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alaska
THOR #6537
New guy here

Thinking about buying a Gemini or Compass for touring, just my wife and I. We currently own a 26' travel trailer, but a motorhome would be much more convenient for us. Many moons ago I worked as an RV technician, and swore I would never own one, but my resolve is fading...

Old 02-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJeff View Post
Thinking about buying a Gemini or Compass for touring, just my wife and I. We currently own a 26' travel trailer, but a motorhome would be much more convenient for us. Many moons ago I worked as an RV technician, and swore I would never own one, but my resolve is fading...

Welcome to the forum! There are Gemini and Compass owners here, so you can bring both general and specific questions.

We have had trailers, 5th wheels, Class A and way back, a Class C. For the two of us, our Vegas 25.2 fits just right. If the Gemini/Compass has enough storage, inside and out, it might fit you just right. Think about all the stuff you feel you must take along.

Be sure to budget for depreciation, insurance, repairs and eventual tire replacement. And, beware of those 20 year loans, a sure recipe for being seriously upside down in no time.

Having training as an RV tech would be a useful skill for any RV owner!
Old 02-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #3

State: Wisconsin
THOR #6532
New to Forum and New to R.V.

Robin (wife) and I just bought a 2017 Outlaw, which hasn't been delivered yet. We bought a Jeep Trailhawk for a flat tow. We have NO idea what we are doing, but it is a great adventure learning.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Welcome to the forum! If you have questions this is the place to ask. Lots of nice people with many years of experience always willing to help!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #5

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
Welcome all and enjoy your new Motorhome. as stated a lot of info on this site. If you don't see it ask. someone will help. Enjoy the journey.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreGuns View Post
Robin (wife) and I just bought a 2017 Outlaw, which hasn't been delivered yet. We bought a Jeep Trailhawk for a flat tow. We have NO idea what we are doing, but it is a great adventure learning.
Its all part of life....