Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
Axis 24.1

Attended RV show yesterday; nothing beats our 2018 Axis 24.1 for the price/size/plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E507B157-EBDD-4E7E-BB02-D46515CA4D1D.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	15340  

Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #22

State: Texas
THOR #3591
I own a 2016 Axis 24.1 since December 2015. I'll be glad to you about it. The good, the bad and the ugly. Still have my Axis and haven't found a better coach to buy. I live in Texas but have been to Florida multiple times, Texas hill country and to Maine. Planning a west coast run this summer. Have 20,000 miles on my Axis. It is basically a stock unit. I can be reached at 409-795-7601. I'm retired Architect living in Crystal Beach, Tx. The Axis was my first Motor Home I ever purchased.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Alabama
THOR #3721
I have the Vegas 25.2 and it has done me will. The thing I like best is the rear slide which as you say, makes a separate bedroom. It also makes the RV from a 30' into a 26.6' when driving which makes it easier and safer to drive.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #24

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
We've owned both the class C , or B+ if you prefer, on the sprinter chassis and our current Axis 25.2.

We owned the Coachman Prism for 2 weeks including an 11 day trip from Florida to Virginia and back. As soon as we got back we traded the Prism for our current axis 25.2.

1. The Axis is much quieter on the highway
2. The Axis handles wind and traffic much smoother
3. The Axis has much more storage space inside and outside.
4. The Axis has more living space.
5. The Prism got better gas mileage. It was a deisel.
6. Driving the Axis is much more comfortable. For the driver as well as the passenger.

We took our Axis on a 6 week trip to the Smokey mountains and have zero complaints. We love it. We sucked up the lose on the Prism and have not looked back.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #25

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
THOR #13025
Welcome to our group.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #26

Model: HAD Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #9657
Not intending to be a party-pooper - - - just telling my true story. I purchased a 2017 Vegas 24.1 new in Oct 2017. I LOVED it until so much started going wrong. It's hard to know what is dealer and what is the unit but my unit spent more time at the dealer than with me for 8 months AND things they 'fixed' were not fixed. Leaky windshield; wipers didn't work and never worked right - I was caught in a bad rain storm and also a snow storm when the wipers quit. The headlights were so dim I couldn't see curves or exits coming up on dark roads; cabinets were losing parts; the overhead cab bed kept breaking; and more. The final straw for me was an electrical fire that stunk up the whole coach AND 'brunt' the paneling above it. I gave up, cut my losses, and traded it in (different dealer and I interviewed SERVICE DEPARTMENTS, not sales departments, before buying my Winnebago (which I have had 8 months and LOVE.). I've come to believe my Vegas was just a lemon - probably a bad production team that day or something. I loved it until I didn't. I just had to say my experience. Remember, SERVICE DEPT is more important than sales departments. Service can be a nightmare without a good team, which I have now (Bob Ledford's in Greenville.). Good luck!
Old 02-03-2019, 01:30 AM   #27

THOR #3591
You're right about service, It's always bad. Overall I have enjoyed my Axis but if I had the problems you had, I would have traded it too. I did have 2 problems that Service told me were Ford issues and Ford said they were Thor issues. I had to have the Throttle Body and Excelerator Pedal replaced a Ford Issue. All other problems were Thor issues. Axis was in shop 30-60 day I took it in. I think that is pretty common all over.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #28

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #12677
Just brought a 2016 Vegas with 1600 miles. Love it so far. We decided to buy the RV before we sold the house.

My only thing so far is the fresh water tank fill is opposite the pressure hook up and the lack of system and structural diagrams.

It drives great. I was worried driving something so big but it's a breeze. Actually rides better than any of our cars.

Good Luck in your search. we went through the same process and started looking at Buying a Promaster and building it out, then buying a Class B then B plus and C class but when we saw the Vegas it was what we were looking for.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyforge View Post
Just brought a 2016 Vegas with 1600 miles. Love it so far. We decided to buy the RV before we sold the house.

My only thing so far is the fresh water tank fill is opposite the pressure hook up and the lack of system and structural diagrams.

It drives great. I was worried driving something so big but it's a breeze. Actually rides better than any of our cars.

Good Luck in your search. we went through the same process and started looking at Buying a Promaster and building it out, then buying a Class B then B plus and C class but when we saw the Vegas it was what we were looking for.
Two things:
First: Go to Thor's Owner's Resources page (here: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ ) and sign in (have your VIN handy). There will be a bunch of stuff to download.
Second: If the engineering diagrams aren't available there give Thor a call and ask for them (also have your VIN handy). They will e-mail you them.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #12677
Thanks

I did contact Thor - nothing back yet but will search the group - appreciate the words of widom -

Gene
Old 02-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #31

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
We started looking at Class C coaches, however, discovered the VEGAS\AXIS seemed much roomier for the size than a same (or larger) Class C.

Plus the view from the driver's and passenger seats is SO much better than the Class Cs that we looked at.

We also picked the 25.2 floor plan (now discontinued) since it basically had a separate bedroom so the early riser can get up and move around while the sleep inner is still crashed out..

We are really happy with our choice...
The Thor Axis 25.2 is not discontinued and is still available in 2019.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:16 AM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhortho1 View Post
The Thor Axis 25.2 is not discontinued and is still available in 2019.
"From dealer stock only" on Thor's website--they aren't building them anymore. Thus discontinued.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #33

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6419
Thanks for the update. Glad we got ours when we could.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:13 AM   #34

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #14024
Thor Vegas 27.7 Here!

Hi there, we just bought a Thor Vegas 27.7 and the forum here helped us so much. We were able to straighten out lies told us by sales people, learn from people who have each model and find out what kinds of mods we needed to really be safe and happy.

Have fun and ask tons of questions...

Ken and Lynne