Not sure what kind of tv yours came with. Mine had an Axxera that wouldnít pair with anything (no codes). I go a Roku streaming bar.
1) it has its own remote that controls the tv
2) itís also a streaming player for YouTube tv, Netflix, Hulu, etc
3) it controls sound from whatever is coming from tv
4) I can link Bluetooth speakers to it to place elsewhere.
5) was a Black Friday special from Roku site for $109
6) easy install - with 2 bars I mounted it to the back of and below tv. So it moves out and swivels with the tv
Provides theatre sound now. Even has a controllable sub woofer. Very happy with it. Sorry no pics. The MH is covered up until February.