Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 26b
State: Illinois
THOR #6565
New here

I everyone,wife and I just purchased but not picked up yet a '17 four winds 26b. I was torn between the Coachman 26rs and the four winds 26b and my wife made the call due to the fact that the Coachman's bathroom was smaller and couldn't hardly shut the door. Each one seems to have all of our wants but thor won out on most everything. Not had a class c for many years and look forward to all the new features. We started with a tent then popular and several travel trailers over the past 30 plus years and now that we're a little older ( OK maybe alot older ) a class c with alot of the simple bells and whistles seams to help make things easier for both of us. Looking forward to hearing any good or bad about the 26b. Thanks

Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:05 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd2117 View Post
...my wife made the call due to the fact that the Coachman's bathroom was smaller and couldn't hardly shut the door.
Been there, done that. My last motorhome was a Coachman Leprechaun 319DS, and the bathroom was woefully small - as you leaned over the sink, your hind end was pressed against the wall. We knew that it was small when we bought it, but somehow got caught up in the overall excitement of the total unit and overlooked it at first. After several trips, we realized that we wanted and needed a different layout. Live and learn, I guess.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:27 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 23U
THOR #992
Welcome aboard, we have a Four Winds and are very pleased with it at 19000 miles. Heading out to the Northwest for a 3 month trip in April. Happy and safe travels.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach!!! Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #6

THOR #6565
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
Been there, done that. My last motorhome was a Coachman Leprechaun 319DS, and the bathroom was woefully small - as you leaned over the sink, your hind end was pressed against the wall. We knew that it was small when we bought it, but somehow got caught up in the overall excitement of the total unit and overlooked it at first. After several trips, we realized that we wanted and needed a different layout. Live and learn, I guess.
Hi Doctor, I think most rv bathrooms are small in general but we noticed that in the four winds that the corner sink and then the toilet made it a more roomier. The Coachman had the toilet right inside the door where the four winds had the sink in the corner by the door then the toilet. hope that makes sense
Old 03-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd2117 View Post
Hi Doctor, I think most rv bathrooms are small in general but we noticed that in the four winds that the corner sink and then the toilet made it a more roomier. The Coachman had the toilet right inside the door where the four winds had the sink in the corner by the door then the toilet. hope that makes sense
Makes perfect sense. The corner sink would make all the difference! Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:49 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Welcome. We ordered our 26b in January and are anxiously waiting for it to be built/delivered. Ours is on the Ford Chassis as we wanted the extra towing capability that none of the others could compete with and we've had a v10 before so are familiar with what it should do for us.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:01 AM   #9

THOR #6565
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Welcome. We ordered our 26b in January and are anxiously waiting for it to be built/delivered. Ours is on the Ford Chassis as we wanted the extra towing capability that none of the others could compete with and we've had a v10 before so are familiar with what it should do for us.
I agree with you on the Ford 450 chassis and the v10 seems to have a lot more torque which for us is great. Shouldn't have to struggle going up hills going around 40mph anymore.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:52 AM   #10

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Arizona
THOR #6335
We just picked up in February our quantum 26rs and it is the same floor plan as yours and so far we love it. Congratulations on your rv