Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
New to me 2014 Freedom Elite 23H

I pick up a new to me 2014 Freedom Elite 23H with only 7000 miles on it in central Florida on Monday. We live in Northern Canada and the RV season is pretty short up here. I have owned a series of VW based RVs, Eurovan Westfalia and Winnebago campervans and VW Winnebago Rialtas. My wife is about to retire and wanted more space and a full time bed. In choosing to go with Thor we looked at a number of rental returns at Cruise America and Cruise Canada and were impressed at how well the Thor Chateau’s stood up over 60 to 80,000 miles of abuse. We chose a Chevy powered RV because my local engine rebuilding shop had nothing good to say about the Ford V-10 and we took their advice since we are not “Truck” people.

I said I live in Northern Canada, our rv shops are always overwhelmed up here, and their customers hostile, or angry, so I was not expecting that dealing with warranty work would be fun. Thus we tried to find something that was low mileage and simple and maybe even reliable. So I deliberately avoided slides and leveling systems since they seem to be major issues for RV owning friends. We chose the 23H because it had the rear window over the bed and my wife feels it at least gives us a chance at seeing what we are about to be “eaten” by as we drive along at the speed limit.

As a 20 year expert member of the eurovan online community, I know that happy folks are out camping and those online are usually seeking answers or unhappy. Good thing I approach my Thor ownership from that perspective since I see folks in these forums are unhappy with Thor quality control, warranty experience, or Camping World.

At a 1000 miles from the nearest Camping World I am impressed by the selection in their store, but my only service experience was when they left clamps off my cooling system after winterizing it in January and then refused to pay for it being fixed 500 miles on down the road.

I have 3 questions:
1. The Freedom Elite seems to be a Camping World only production series, Is it worthwhile paying Camping World to orient me to the new to me RV?
2. Does anyone have a good pre-delivery checklist I could use when I take delivery of my new to me RV?
3. Does anyone know of a factory store for Thor parts, or a factory dealer that will supply Thor parts via over the phone or on-line orders?

Happy Camping

Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #2

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Welcome Rocky! I was worried when I first clicked on your post, thought either my computer was playing tricks on me or I had grabbed my wife's glasses by mistake. Then I realized you downsized the font on your post.

If you just use the normal size like everyone else it sure would be easier on my eyes, thanks.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #3

Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Font size

Sorry Ted, and others. I tried responding on the forum but it did not work, after losing my work 3 x, I typed it out in MS word and then copied it into the window. It shows both your response and my message in the sane font in my windows 8 laptop when reading today. So how do you add a signature block in a forum?

Reg
Old 04-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Go to the home page and click on the cp on the right side scroll down until yiu come to the signature, click on that and follow the directions
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote