Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Washington
THOR #7426
New (to me) A.C.E. 30.2

I thought I would drop a quick note to introduce myself to the forum. A little about me is I am part of a manufacturer that builds boats and decided to mix up the lifestyle a bit and do a little more land camping instead of being on the the water the entire summer with a new kid in the mix. I purchased a 2015 with 7000 miles on it from the original owner who I am now building a new boat for. Not a bad trade!

Now it is time for me to finally sit back and relax and learn from the experienced ones on this side instead of me being the manufacturer on other forums for the boat side. Thanks for the information places like this provide and look forward to contributing part of my knowledge any way that I can.

Andrew

Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #3

Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
We have a 2013 ACE 27.1 bought in March 2014 and 16,000 miles on it. We have really enjoyed it. An alignment and RV weight to set air pressure will make it a lot more comfortable to drive. Had the hydraulic jacks go out recently but other than that a lot of fun.
Safe travels
Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #4

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Welcome to the forum! As a former boat owner, many of the same systems on the MH. Happy trails..
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #5

THOR #7426
Thanks for the tip! I realized air pressure was a big deal. Looking at maybe a sway bar and upgraded shocks as well. Have an oil leak of some sort heading to the dealer next week and will update on what is found in case others find it useful.

I understand manufacturing from being a part of it and will fix my own stuff which I kind of enjoy anyways. Always ways to upgrade, that's for sure! I realized right away that there has to be corners cut to build and sell one of these for $80K new! I had a nice chat with the manufacturer and they told me they build 70 motorhome a day. Pretty impressive and love to see business kept in the US! Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #6

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Wyoming
THOR #7482
Did the exterior color of the 2018 ACE lighten??
Old 05-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #7

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
2015 Ace 30.2

We also have a 2015 ACE 30.2 --sold our boat for the land yacht!!! We love ours. A few hints for enjoyable use of the 30.2--
Make sure you have an alignment, the Cheap Handling Fix (google it) front and rear, and the SafeTPlus.
We added the Henderson Trac Bar, I think you will prefer that to a sway bar on the 30.2 as it handles quite well now.
You have Bilstins, the shocks should be fine (ours are). As you drive you may want to add Koni's, but that can wait until you have some experience with the rig.
With that full wall slide (we have 3 trax, hope you do as well) you will want to keep it lubricated regularly, same for the jacks.

In addition we have done some mods to make it more liveable for us--and three grandkids and two dogs. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions and I will do my best to be helpful. Have fun, it's a great family layout.
PS: We just received a windshield moter (bolt) recall, when you bring it to the dealer for the leak work, ask to have the recall performed.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #8

THOR #7482
Would any of you mind sharing what you paid? My dealer is offering a 2017.5 30.2 for 92.5. It has the 2 a/cs and upgraded generator.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #9

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by westlaker View Post
Would any of you mind sharing what you paid? My dealer is offering a 2017.5 30.2 for 92.5. It has the 2 a/cs and upgraded generator.
Go online to MSHRV.com, they have some of the best prices in the US, it'll give you an idea.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #10

THOR #7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Go online to MSHRV.com, they have some of the best prices in the US, it'll give you an idea.

Thanks. They do have some prices there but they make you contact them for the "sale price". Anybody purchase one lately with the 2 a/c s?
Old 05-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #11

THOR #7426
I bought mine from the original owner and worked (what I think) a special deal. I paid $60K for my 2015.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #12

THOR #7426
Thank you for the helpful hints! I'll definitely buy the components you mentioned. Appreciate the offer for the help, I'll try not to bug you but expect a message sometime! Thanks again.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #13

THOR #7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by acustis View Post
I bought mine from the original owner and worked (what I think) a special deal. I paid $60K for my 2015.

Looking for recent new prices.