Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Virginia
THOR #8184
Question new member, with questions

Looking at purchasing a new 2017 Quantum LF 31 for our family of 5. We aren't new to RV'ing, but this will be our first new RV purchase so we are a little nervous.

Couple questions:

Looking at a $75k price on a $125k msrp. Does this seem like a good deal?

Has anyone purchased from General RV? I'm working with them right now, and the RV we are looking at is in Tampa FL. Purchasing something this expensive over the phone is a little nerve racking, but the seem pretty up front so far.

Any input, helpful hints and tips etc would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance !!

Old 07-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I'll leave the price comments to others more familiar with the Quantum.

I purchased from General RV in Michiagn - but they were relatively local to me at the time... The service manager from the store I bought from now runs service at the Tampa store - and had a good reputation when in MI... I believe Ed Felker has used them for service in Tampa.

But - I expect coming from Virginia you aren't likely to use them for service...

Take your time with the PDI... If they let you stay onsite overnight - certainly do so (I don't know if they do)... Get everything you find fixed before you leave.
You may find a wait for getting warranty work done elsewhere - as the dealers tend to take care of those that bought from them first.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Yes, General RV of Tampa has provided me with exceptional service beyond the call.

I recommend new buyers do extensive research on the dealer they intend to use for warranty work and service after the sale. RVs are not like cars. There have been comments here and on other forms of dealers refusing to do warranty work if the RV was not purchased from them. Other dealers put you at the end of their que if you did not purchase from them. I don't mean to scare anyone but research about after sale service to me is far more important than sale research. You are going to be seeing the service dealer far more often than the dealer selling the RV.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #4

Model: 31e Four Winds
State: Delaware
THOR #7159
I have a 31E Four Winds and love it. The wife and I were nervous making that leap from travel trailer life, no regrets. The price you listed is in line. MSRP is always high, I never go by it. Factor in all you cost to even get the coach home. If your in PA consider hitting the Hershey RV show for a deal. There are Thor dealers in our area which should get you close to that deal. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
You can figure an average markup on most, not all, motorhomes of about 30%.

Tags
quantum