Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
New Miramar Owner

We purchased our first new Motorhome (3rd overall) April 1st of this year. It is a Miramar, model 34.4. It's 35' 10" with theatre seating and an outside kitchen. We have driven about 2000 miles so far and love it. We added Safe-T-Plus steering stabiizer and Super Steer anti-sway bar to the rear and have found it to be money well spent.

We have discovered many relatively minor things wrong, most of which I repaired myself and have not had to make any trips back to the dealer.

If anyone would like to discuss any issues or concerns with their unit, I would be happy to respond.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:28 AM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Welcome from Florida!! Happy trails.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:33 AM   #3

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Unhappy Miramar 34.3 problems

Just purchased a 2017 Miramar 34.3 with super slide alignment issues. RV came with the 2 track system instead of the 3Trax system advertised in the brochure.

Our RV is now at the dealership undergoing "arts and crafts" to make the slide as advertised with te 3Trax system.... Dealership trying hard to please, but concerned for obvious reasons.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Welcome,
I loved the full wall slide, but was scared off by the problems inherent in the design...a lot of weight for 2 or 3 motors. I opted for 2 smaller slides instead and have had no problems. The dealer did discover that the plates on which the roller wheel rolls was too short on one of the slides and made appropriate extensions before I took possession of the RV. He told me that the shorter plates would make the rollers catch when retracting the slides and could easily cause it to fail.

The bigger problem I have had is with front end alignment. I installed a Safe-T-Plus and the found the toe-in off 1 1/2 inches. It ruined the front tires within 2,000 miles. I highly recommend having alignment checked as soon as you take possession of your RV. Also the Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer changes the bus handling characteristics to more of a van feel. I highly recommend it.