Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Seranno 33A
State: Texas
THOR #2389
New, not blue!

Greetings Folks~~
Hello, my name is Michael and I just bought my first Class A......a 2011 Thor Seranno 33A. I had purchased a little 24 foot Class C Itasca Navion in January. I took a trip from my home in Texas to Santa Fe with my dog (Levi) and my 75 year old friend. We had a good time but I discovered unless I am traveling alone ALL the time, that little MH was just not large enough. Even though I have a healthy fear of driving anything too large, this new unit is 34 feet. (with 3 slides....waaaaHOOOO) SO, I can't wait until my next rendezvous to see how difficult the extra 10 feet is going to be. I am aware with each unit comes its own special list of challenges. Very grateful for these type of places to help me learn and grow with my new love interest.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Michael, welcome to the forum.

In February I made the jump from a 28 foot Class C to the 38 foot Challenger. No regrets whatsoever. I do, however, have a few years of experience driving some large and heavy equipment over the hills and through the woods; but not to grandma's house.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:59 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome, Michael! You'll get some great suggestions here. Don't be shy about asking questions. The Navion was a good trainer unit for your bigger motorhome.

With a bigger rig, be mindful of tail swing. One of my neighbors bought a new 34' Class A, and promptly tore the back cap off by turning before clearing something hard. Gas stations can be especially challenging.

Happy Camping!