RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni
State: California
Posts: 3
THOR #20282
New Omni Owner

Hi there everyone.
Just bought a new Thor Omni BH35 Super C

I had a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with.
1. Anyone know how the fuel tanks (dual) fill each other and which one the generator works off. getting mixed reply from the dealer
2. Anyone know how to use the engine breaking system- leave in auto?

Thanks anyone.
__________________

__________________
mark d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
coachray's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
Posts: 743
THOR #13648
I'm not familiar with the super C systems, but someone I'm sure will have some answers for you. Welcome to the forum.
__________________

__________________
coachray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
Welcome. If both tanks are full the computer takes fuel from front until 3/4 full then automatically switches to rear. When rear tank is depleted switches back to front. Generator uses fuel from front only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark d View Post
Hi there everyone.
Just bought a new Thor Omni BH35 Super C

I had a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with.
1. Anyone know how the fuel tanks (dual) fill each other and which one the generator works off. getting mixed reply from the dealer
2. Anyone know how to use the engine breaking system- leave in auto?

Thanks anyone.
__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,544
THOR #12751
RickD is close on the Fuel Tanks. After dropping and to 3/4 full on the front and switching to the rear tank, the computer will switch back to the front tank when the rear tank reaches 1/4 full.

When you set the Engine Brake to "ON" taking your foot off the accelerator will engage the engine braking feature. If you press the brake pedal, it will then force the transmission to downshift.

When you set the Engine Brake to "AUTO" it will remember your speed when you take your foot off the accelerator and the system will engage and work to maintain that speed when going down a hill and it senses the vehicle is trying to accelerate on its own.

AUTO is less aggressive than ON but you should not use the system on slick roads.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
I have the omni XG32 2020. Maybe it's different on XG32 but my rear tank goes right to empty does not stop at a quarter full before switching to front. As a matter of fact the 1st time it did it we were nervous that it was not going to switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
RickD is close on the Fuel Tanks. After dropping and to 3/4 full on the front and switching to the rear tank, the computer will switch back to the front tank when the rear tank reaches 1/4 full.

When you set the Engine Brake to "ON" taking your foot off the accelerator will engage the engine braking feature. If you press the brake pedal, it will then force the transmission to downshift.

When you set the Engine Brake to "AUTO" it will remember your speed when you take your foot off the accelerator and the system will engage and work to maintain that speed when going down a hill and it senses the vehicle is trying to accelerate on its own.

AUTO is less aggressive than ON but you should not use the system on slick roads.
__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 17,966
THOR #8860
I can't help with your questions...
But welcome to our campfire anyway!
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,544
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD0 View Post
I have the omni XG32 2020. Maybe it's different on XG32 but my rear tank goes right to empty does not stop at a quarter full before switching to front. As a matter of fact the 1st time it did it we were nervous that it was not going to switch.
I have a 2020 SV34 on a 2019 F-550 chassis. The chassis is what matters so not sure if you have a 2020 F-550 chassis and it may be different.

I have had my dash displaying the front and rear gauges and over 7000+ miles it has worked the same way:

- Fuel draw starts on front tank
- Once front tank drops to 3/4 full it switches to rear tank
- Once rear tank drops to 1/4 full it switches back to front tank

Once my front tank drops below half full I usually start looking for a station to fill up. The single gauge is usually showing 1/4 full at that point.

I have never seen my rear tank drop to empty before it switched back to the front tank. I am assuming if the front tank hits 1/4, it would start drawing the rear tank again but I have not gotten to that point.

One thing I do know for certainty.... if you do run out of fuel, you have to put fuel in the front tank to restart the engine.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni
State: California
Posts: 3
THOR #20282
Fuel Tanks Omni / Magnitude F550

Thanks all for the replies. Now the question is which tank is the bigger tank - front or rear and which does the generator pull fuel from ?
Thanks for all the help
__________________
mark d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
Posts: 267
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark d View Post
Thanks all for the replies. Now the question is which tank is the bigger tank - front or rear and which does the generator pull fuel from ?
Thanks for all the help
The rear tank is the bigger tank and the generator runs off the front tank. If yours has the same tanks as my 2020 XG32 the front is 24 gallons and the rear is 40.
__________________
kwplot34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:22 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni
State: California
Posts: 3
THOR #20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
The rear tank is the bigger tank and the generator runs off the front tank. If yours has the same tanks as my 2020 XG32 the front is 24 gallons and the rear is 40.
Thank you kindly. That is very helpful
__________________
mark d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
Posts: 267
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark d View Post
Thank you kindly. That is very helpful
You're very welcome sir
__________________
kwplot34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
Posts: 169
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD0 View Post
I have the omni XG32 2020. Maybe it's different on XG32 but my rear tank goes right to empty does not stop at a quarter full before switching to front. As a matter of fact the 1st time it did it we were nervous that it was not going to switch.

Same here...my rear goes empty on the gauge before switching, but seem to remember only getting 34-35 gallons back in it, so still a few gallons left.
__________________
David & Danna
2020 Magnitude BH35
Midlothian, TX
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #13
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
Same here...my rear goes empty on the gauge before switching, but seem to remember only getting 34-35 gallons back in it, so still a few gallons left.
Thanks for posting, good to know it was not just me.
__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have a 2020 SV34 on a 2019 F-550 chassis. The chassis is what matters so not sure if you have a 2020 F-550 chassis and it may be different.

I have had my dash displaying the front and rear gauges and over 7000+ miles it has worked the same way:

- Fuel draw starts on front tank
- Once front tank drops to 3/4 full it switches to rear tank
- Once rear tank drops to 1/4 full it switches back to front tank

Once my front tank drops below half full I usually start looking for a station to fill up. The single gauge is usually showing 1/4 full at that point.

I have never seen my rear tank drop to empty before it switched back to the front tank. I am assuming if the front tank hits 1/4, it would start drawing the rear tank again but I have not gotten to that point.

One thing I do know for certainty.... if you do run out of fuel, you have to put fuel in the front tank to restart the engine.
Yes 2020 F550 same as yours. One thing I usually do is as soon as the rear tank goes empty we start looking for a place to fill. One thing that I would never want to do is run out of fuel!! Thanks for the tip on filling front tank if we run out.
__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
Posts: 713
THOR #2020
We have a 2018 Chateau on a 2017 F550 chassis. We were told that the fuel is always pulled from the front tank and that the pump in the back tank simply pumps fuel to the front tank. Iíve not watched the gauges close enough to verify but I do know that the back tank is always the first to go empty and the level in the front tank always seems to stay full until after the back tank goes empty.
__________________
pstandiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #16
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
We have a 2018 Chateau on a 2017 F550 chassis. We were told that the fuel is always pulled from the front tank and that the pump in the back tank simply pumps fuel to the front tank. I’ve not watched the gauges close enough to verify but I do know that the back tank is always the first to go empty and the level in the front tank always seems to stay full until after the back tank goes empty.
So with all of this talk about the fuel tanks I researched some more and found out exactly what you have said.
Your vehicle may have a dual fuel tank
delivery system which operates
independently and automatically. The fuel
pump in the front fuel tank delivers fuel to
the engine. When the fuel level in the front
fuel tank drops below three quarter full,
fuel automatically transfers from the rear
fuel tank to the front fuel tank. Whenever
there is fuel in the rear fuel tank, the front
fuel tank level remains between half and
three quarter full.


Makes me feel a lot better knowing I really don't have to worry about it switching because it does not switch but always running of the front. Also don't have to worry about fuel getting old in the front tank.
__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:11 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
Posts: 713
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD0 View Post
So with all of this talk about the fuel tanks I researched some more and found out exactly what you have said.
Your vehicle may have a dual fuel tank
delivery system which operates
independently and automatically. The fuel
pump in the front fuel tank delivers fuel to
the engine. When the fuel level in the front
fuel tank drops below three quarter full,
fuel automatically transfers from the rear
fuel tank to the front fuel tank. Whenever
there is fuel in the rear fuel tank, the front
fuel tank level remains between half and
three quarter full.

Where did you find this? I thought someone had told me this when we bought it but maybe I read it somewhere. Thanks for confirming that my old gray cells still function.
__________________
pstandiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #18
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 81
THOR #19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Where did you find this? I thought someone had told me this when we bought it but maybe I read it somewhere. Thanks for confirming that my old gray cells still function.
https://www.justanswer.com/ford/bri6...s-no-tank.html
__________________

__________________
RickD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dual fuel tanks, genrator, magnitude, omni

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×