Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2021, 02:13 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Where is the magic button?

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:42 AM   #42

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
In our coach, it is in the ceiling of one of the far back under storage areas, on the drivers side. And the other couple that we helped out in Door County had theirs in the rear storage compartment, above the back bumper, also in the ceiling.
You need to have a skinny finger or something thin to poke up inside the hole, and press the tiny button 7 times, holding it on the last push. When the little light starts flashing you have 60 seconds to get inside your coach and press whatever button to operate whatever motor you are bypassing.
When the husband and I went to an RV show this past summer, we looked at the New models and did not find the magic button anywhere. That's why I asked if they removed them.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:49 AM   #43

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
That is the slide control panel. The slide motors are plugged into the controller. If you have a fault, you can count the red light flashes to determine what is causing the fault. You can also push the bypass button(small button) in order to bypass it and use your slide controller to move the slide or you can disconnect the motor at that controller and push the slide back in. Once it is back in place, reattach the slide motor connector so the motor locks the slide in place. If you don't, the slide could open up on you while driving. If you have them, slide locks work well in that situation.

Paul
Old 10-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
That is the slide control panel. The slide motors are plugged into the controller. If you have a fault, you can count the red light flashes to determine what is causing the fault. You can also push the bypass button(small button) in order to bypass it and use your slide controller to move the slide or you can disconnect the motor at that controller and push the slide back in. Once it is back in place, reattach the slide motor connector so the motor locks the slide in place. If you don't, the slide could open up on you while driving. If you have them, slide locks work well in that situation.

Paul
THANK YOU! We we're led to believe that it controlled all motorized components! Now that makes sense of where it and others are located. I feel silly.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #45

Model: 2021 Vegas 24.1
THOR #23587
Here's the Thor "magic button" video - it's from 2016, so a bit out of date, but still useful.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #46

THOR #20220
American Technology SL17341C 17" x 34" Slidelock, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009IJQKD0...R084GNT1N9NAE5
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 10-28-2021, 09:07 PM   #47

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
THANK YOU! We we're led to believe that it controlled all motorized components! Now that makes sense of where it and others are located. I feel silly.
There will be one for the bunk (mine is in an upper cabinet near the bunk) and another for the slide out (located in a lower bin).
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #48

State: North Carolina
THOR #25247
Im in the process of purchasing the axis 24.1 and was able to finally locate a 2022 unit for viewing. I love the style, size, and layout. I was very surprised by the numerous issues that I discovered. Awning, front shade, bathroom fan, living room fan, and bedroom lights not working. Was told that the awning function was not activated on the controller and the tech would have to update it. There were numerous screws and nails laying on the floor under the beds and sofa…not sure why nails would be used vs screws. The display for the side camera and backup cameras were poor at best, perhaps there is a setting to improve but we couldn’t find it. The steering column shroud jammed and popped apart when trying to adjust the steering wheel. The ladder mount was ripped from the wall, which is frightening that it’s not secure. The side arm/cup holder arms are very wobbly as if they’re not secured whatsoever. We did not test drive nor do a thorough inspection..just a walkthrough.
I understand that things happen due to driving, but most of the issues above are just poor craftsmanship and lack of quality control. How could the awning have been tested at that factory when the controller software has that function deactivated? When I read the issues listed in this thread, it seems to corroborate my concerns. Im now reconsidering my purchase due to such poor craftsmanship and lack of QC.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #49

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
FScottH1:

For all I know my 2021 had similar problems straight from the factory, but the dealer charges about $900 to go through the unit before the customer's PDI and fix all of these items. I didn't find any problems during the PDI, but found several afterwards that I ultimately fixed myself.

Why doesn't the factory test the awning? I don't think the factory tests much of anything. They leave it to the dealer and the buyer to find it and fix it. That is the nature of RVs today.

This and the poor assembly quality with nails and screws loose everywhere is the sad state of RV building today. I could have paid more for a Winnebago (a bit better quality) or a lot more for a Tiffin (but not after Thor screws them up) and not have as many problems. But for the bucks I think the Axis is a great MH. Like I have said many times elsewhere: great design but horrible execution.

David
Old 11-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #50

State: North Carolina
THOR #25247
Thanks for the feedback. I was surprised that given the lack of MH inventory that the dealer had not already performed their inspection. The salesman was embarrassed and apologetic. Honestly, Thor’s pricing has jumped nearly 20% in the last year or so and their quality is disappointing.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #51

Model: 2022 Vegas 25.6
THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by FScottH1 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I was surprised that given the lack of MH inventory that the dealer had not already performed their inspection. The salesman was embarrassed and apologetic. Honestly, Thor’s pricing has jumped nearly 20% in the last year or so and their quality is disappointing.
Short inventory makes them lazy, they expect desperate customer will buy half assembled MH. During my PDI the dealer actually bragged how some customers buy MH sight unseen in any condition. Made me uncomfortable with my annoying desire that everything should be in working condition before I sign the contract.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:55 PM   #52

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
I wouldn't bet that Winnebago is much better. I bought a brand new Winnebago back in 2015(2016 model) and it had many more issues than the Thor product I bought in 2018. When I bought the Winnebago, I was going on their reputation as an industry leader and found that I was very disappointed in that decision. All manufacturers will have issues from the factory. It is important to pick the right dealership and to go through the motor home slowly documenting everything for the dealership or factory to address.

Paul
Old 11-02-2021, 07:09 PM   #53

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Try not to let it bother you too much. It’s just the way it is. For most of us the problems, though plentiful, are easily fixed and, again, in most cases, once fixed the coach gives pretty good service. Sure, they should be better at delivery but these are supposed to be “recreational” and getting all incensed is not very much fun!
Old 11-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #54

THOR #24413
Finally finished some interior remodeling. Added upholstery on dinette's seats, replaced awkward side doors with cabinet style doors, doubled the drawer depth on the front side, converted the rear side to cat's domain. It has internal divider wall, separating inner half where litterbox is stored during driving, accessible by vertically lifting door, from outer half covered by carpet on all sides and accessible to kitty via it's own opening, creating a safe and soft cave for the kitty to ride in comfort and reduced noise.
As you can see in the picture Lola has approved the remodel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3253.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	34956
Old 11-30-2021, 04:40 PM   #55

THOR #24413
Made good progress on electrical upgrade project. Front passenger side storage hosts batteries and most wiring and switching, driver side hosts 3kW inverter and still has room left for some storage. Removed OEM solar controller in the entry way and replaced with new control panels for batteries and inverter.

Name:	IMG_3258.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	35047

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	35048

Name:	IMG_3260.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	35049
Old 11-30-2021, 05:44 PM   #56

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
FScottH1:

For all I know my 2021 had similar problems straight from the factory, but the dealer charges about $900 to go through the unit before the customer's PDI and fix all of these items. I didn't find any problems during the PDI, but found several afterwards that I ultimately fixed myself.

Why doesn't the factory test the awning? I don't think the factory tests much of anything. They leave it to the dealer and the buyer to find it and fix it. That is the nature of RVs today.

This and the poor assembly quality with nails and screws loose everywhere is the sad state of RV building today. I could have paid more for a Winnebago (a bit better quality) or a lot more for a Tiffin (but not after Thor screws them up) and not have as many problems. But for the bucks I think the Axis is a great MH. Like I have said many times elsewhere: great design but horrible execution.

David
that is one f-up dealer. SO they tell you they will make sure they are selling you an RV that actually is in working order for an additional $900. WTF.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #57

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
that is one f-up dealer. SO they tell you they will make sure they are selling you an RV that actually is in working order for an additional $900. WTF.
Well, I didn't expect an RV straight from the factory to be in complete working order and the $900 was just the price for the dealer to finish the job. It actually worked out pretty good.

David
Old 11-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #58

THOR #20220
Great mods!