Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2021, 11:14 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I’m quite sure they have done so. I’ve talked to quite a few Thor owners who are very happy with their machines. They just don’t post as often as folks who aren’t. Notwithstanding, it would be a good thing to improve initial build quality.
Whatever happened to "Good Will" when judging the pluses and minuses of a company?
Alajeu

Old 10-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
I’m quite sure they have done so. I’ve talked to quite a few Thor owners who are very happy with their machines. They just don’t post as often as folks who aren’t. Notwithstanding, it would be a good thing to improve initial build quality.
We love ours. Visited 20+ camp sites. 95% dry sites..
Many states 13k miles 1st year
Old 10-17-2021, 10:50 PM   #23

Model: 2022 Vegas 25.6
State: California
THOR #24413
Furnace is fixed now. Well, fixed is not the right word. Installation process was completed by me, after Thor employee who was responsible for installing the furnace decided it wasn't important enough and then NO ONE checked it thru the process of factory QC and dealer QC. I cannot wrap by brain around this possibility, how a major appliance goes unchecked until in customer hands.

When I opened the exterior cover I immediately saw 2 unconnected wires, blower and ignition, just laying there, and blower shell was half opened with 5 screws missing and clearly never been installed. There is no chance this furnace ever worked even once. Took me 5 minutes to finish the job and it was running.

With furnace running we saw the entire linoleum floor magically rise by 2-3 inches, like a giant pillow. It was baffling at first, but then we realized that bedroom floor vent was never cut out, so hot air was pushing against the linoleum from the bottom. After I cut the vent hole near the bed the issue was resolved. Now I need to ask Thor to be so nice and send me the floor grill to cover the hole.

I'm not even upset at this point, we love the Vegas, had a blast weekend trip, can't wait for the next one. It just needs some TLC to make it truly ours with everything working. It's an adventure in of itself.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:20 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Thanks! I am researching sumo springs, but I'm afraid that more vibration will be passed into the MH from rough roads due to added stiffness and I don't know which is worse, swaying or vibration, which rattles everything loose and adds noise. What's your opinion on this issue?
I guess it is due to adding the Bilstein shocks and the sumo springs at the same time, but we didn’t find that we had more vibration. Our Vegas now feels much more stable when we are driving it. Maybe the added weight from the tow vehicle also helped it to feel more stable? I couldn’t say because I have never driven a vehicle that was towing something until driving our Vegas and towing our Jeep.

We have done a lot of things to reduce noise in our cab. We added lots of insulation, and my husband made a cover for the stairs. I guess it all adds up. We could actually hear the radio on this last trip, and we didn’t have to scream at each other to be heard

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:37 AM   #25

THOR #20220
Quote:
Furnace is fixed now. Well, fixed is not the right word. Installation process was completed by me, after Thor employee who was responsible for installing the furnace decided it wasn't important enough and then NO ONE checked it thru the process of factory QC and dealer QC. I cannot wrap by brain around this possibility, how a major appliance goes unchecked until in customer hands.

When I opened the exterior cover I immediately saw 2 unconnected wires, blower and ignition, just laying there, and blower shell was half opened with 5 screws missing and clearly never been installed. There is no chance this furnace ever worked even once. Took me 5 minutes to finish the job and it was running.

With furnace running we saw the entire linoleum floor magically rise by 2-3 inches, like a giant pillow. It was baffling at first, but then we realized that bedroom floor vent was never cut out, so hot air was pushing against the linoleum from the bottom. After I cut the vent hole near the bed the issue was resolved. Now I need to ask Thor to be so nice and send me the floor grill to cover the hole.

I'm not even upset at this point, we love the Vegas, had a blast weekend trip, can't wait for the next one. It just needs some TLC to make it truly ours with everything working. It's an adventure in of itself.
Yes the Vegas 25.6 is really the perfect MH for us.
Would not change much if anything!!
Enjoy. Hey convert the dineete to a bed, add pilows, small tray for wine and have movie night and popcorn!! amazing comfort
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:56 PM   #26

THOR #24413
Quote:
4. Fueling is a nightmare, pump kicks out unless I hold the flow at bare minimum, takes forever to fill. Quick search found this to be a common issue due to fuel line bent or twisted from the inlet to the tank. Quick visual check confirms twisted rubber hose, but need closer examination and adjustment.
After fixing most pressing issues and enjoying our new MH, this original problem has become number one major annoyance. It takes 30 minutes to fill the tank, unacceptable.

I initially inspected the rubber hoses connecting fuel inlet with metal fuel and vent pipes running to the tank. There was a bit of twisting, which I corrected, but it didn't help at all. Obstruction must be further down the line.

Now, I finally managed to crawl deep enough under the MH with a flashlight to see where metal pipes meet the fuel tank. Bingo, fuel pipe has been pushed forward relative to the tank inlet so much, that connecting rubber hose is almost completely crushed, nearly torn off from tank inlet. It's a miracle any fuel goes thru at all.

After reading everything I can find on this subject I now understand that MH builders must trim the metal pipe at the fuel cap inlet, such that all rubber hoses are intact and form good angles for fuel flow from one end to the other. In my case it would only need 3"-5" trimmed off, a job that takes a minute with the right tool. Instead, Thor employee just shoved the pipe forward to make room at the back, without a care in the world that it got crushed at the other end. Since then, the MH must have been fueled multiple times by Thor and the dealer, with great difficulties, and NO ONE cared to fix it.

Again, I just cannot wrap my brain around such blatant carelessness in one's trade. How does a company hire and train people and then lets them get away with such work? This can't just be individual bad apples, it must be a rotten fish, head and all, where such lack of quality passes thru multiple levels without care.

It gets better.... I called my closest Thor dealer to inquire for warranty repair. Before I could even speak, the nice lady tells me there is 200 (!!!!!!!!) long waiting list of customers to even schedule an appointment, which are now going 6 months in advance. I hung up right then and there.

Next I found a Ford shop kind enough to work on RVs ( it was 4th closest to me, first 3 only work on cars and pickups ), which agreed to see me in December, but can't promise they can do the work unless they determine it's a Ford issue, not a Thor issue. I'd have to try and convince them somehow, maybe a wad of cash would help?

I know my experience is not unique, so I'm just venting my frustration here among like minded people. Thanks for reading my rant.
I hope our once great country will survive this rot and will raise another generation of proud skilled masters of their trade. That's what my father instilled in me and I did in my son.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:22 PM   #27

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
What size (group) coach batteries did your 2022 unit come with?
Old 10-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #28

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
After fixing most pressing issues and enjoying our new MH, this original problem has become number one major annoyance. It takes 30 minutes to fill the tank, unacceptable.

I initially inspected the rubber hoses connecting fuel inlet with metal fuel and vent pipes running to the tank. There was a bit of twisting, which I corrected, but it didn't help at all. Obstruction must be further down the line.

Now, I finally managed to crawl deep enough under the MH with a flashlight to see where metal pipes meet the fuel tank. Bingo, fuel pipe has been pushed forward relative to the tank inlet so much, that connecting rubber hose is almost completely crushed, nearly torn off from tank inlet. It's a miracle any fuel goes thru at all.

After reading everything I can find on this subject I now understand that MH builders must trim the metal pipe at the fuel cap inlet, such that all rubber hoses are intact and form good angles for fuel flow from one end to the other. In my case it would only need 3"-5" trimmed off, a job that takes a minute with the right tool. Instead, Thor employee just shoved the pipe forward to make room at the back, without a care in the world that it got crushed at the other end. Since then, the MH must have been fueled multiple times by Thor and the dealer, with great difficulties, and NO ONE cared to fix it.

Again, I just cannot wrap my brain around such blatant carelessness in one's trade. How does a company hire and train people and then lets them get away with such work? This can't just be individual bad apples, it must be a rotten fish, head and all, where such lack of quality passes thru multiple levels without care.

It gets better.... I called my closest Thor dealer to inquire for warranty repair. Before I could even speak, the nice lady tells me there is 200 (!!!!!!!!) long waiting list of customers to even schedule an appointment, which are now going 6 months in advance. I hung up right then and there.

Next I found a Ford shop kind enough to work on RVs ( it was 4th closest to me, first 3 only work on cars and pickups ), which agreed to see me in December, but can't promise they can do the work unless they determine it's a Ford issue, not a Thor issue. I'd have to try and convince them somehow, maybe a wad of cash would help?

I know my experience is not unique, so I'm just venting my frustration here among like minded people. Thanks for reading my rant.

I hope our once great country will survive this rot and will raise another generation of proud skilled masters of their trade. That's what my father instilled in me and I did in my son.

Why don’t you just fix it yourself. Or take it to an independent repair shop?
Old 10-25-2021, 08:06 PM   #29

THOR #24413
Quote:
Why don’t you just fix it yourself. Or take it to an independent repair shop?
I'm an electrical engineer, so cutting a metal fuel line full of fuel vapors is a bit scary, but I am considering it if Ford doesn't fix it in December.
There is also great difficulty in accessing the spot where it meets the tank, so if I start the job without proper lift and tools, I might regret it.
Taking it to independent shop is likely next step after trying Ford first.
Thanks for your support.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #30

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
What size (group) coach batteries did your 2022 unit come with?
I'm not 100% sure, but these look like Group 27, definitely too small for the job. I work with large lithium batteries for a living, so I always planned to dump stock batteries, replace with 640AH of lithium and a 3kW inverter. Working on it now, as time allows.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:18 PM   #31

THOR #20220
Quote:
I'm an electrical engineer, so cutting a metal fuel line full of fuel vapors is a bit scary, but I am considering it if Ford doesn't fix it in December.
There is also great difficulty in accessing the spot where it meets the tank, so if I start the job without proper lift and tools, I might regret it.
Taking it to independent shop is likely next step after trying Ford first.
Thanks for your support.
No kidding..only use independent shops..
We would not be on the road without one
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 10-26-2021, 08:58 PM   #32

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
Welcome aboard. As mentioned before, reach out to Thor's Cstomer service. Calling is better than email for a response. Ask if you can send them your detailed list of warranty issues but explain your dealer's backlog and your lack of confidence they'd get it right. Ask if there's an independent motorhome repair shop in the greater Sac area they would recommend. It may help. I did get help for my windshield wiper assemby's failed installation. If you were in SoCal, I recommend J&L RV Repair in Fontana. Good luck.

I'm looking forward to your future write of the lithium conversion <wink,wink, nudge,nudge>
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:04 PM   #33

THOR #24413
Regarding my lithium project. I created attached diagram by reusing 12V and 120V diagrams provided by Thor and inserting new components. Some stuff already found its place in forward storage compartments, while other stuff is still being planned. There are also various instrument panel components not shown in the diagram, I might make a separate diagram for those later. I will post pictures as I make more progress.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegas Lithium upgrade schematic.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	34478
Old 10-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #34

THOR #20220
Sacramento
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211026-171417_Chrome.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	34479  
Old 10-27-2021, 12:51 AM   #35

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Hi gnach

I too have used J&L R V Repair in Fontana. I have used them a couple of times and they are great. They are honest and are reasonable to use for repairs. I believe they are a Thor authorized repair facility.

Paul
Old 10-27-2021, 07:56 PM   #36

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
so for the door, go out an buy many furniture felt discs from Walmart, put these around the periphery of the door. This will keep the screen door from vibrating in the door frame. It has damped the rough road rattling alot.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #37

THOR #22342
for the fuel hose. I took a worm clamp and clamped it around the hose to prevent the kink from ever happening. This will keep that section of hose round. You also have to make sure when you fuel, the RV is pointing down hill, or the fuel will back up into that section and shutoff the nozzle. Third. buy a fuel funnel and put it in storage. When this happens, put the funnel in the fuel port and fill manually. At least you will get fuel in.....
Old 10-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #38

THOR #24413
thanks @txc2936@yahoo.com and everyone else for your support and good ideas. It is great to be a part of such supportive community, I hope to contribute back once I learn my ways around here.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:56 PM   #39

THOR #22342
Your welcome..... I know the fueling can be a hassle. Specially when you trying to put in 40 Gals. of gas...
Old 10-27-2021, 11:58 PM   #40

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Wink

Quote:

2. Bunk got stuck in low position. Luckily this happened after we got home as we didn't need it during travel. Noticed it was slightly uneven, so decided to lower/raise to resync motors, but it doesn't go back up, driver side gets jammed.
We did have this issue just lately, caused by not dropping it completely and having the grandson on it... but LazyDays Repair in Tennessee figured it out and re-sync'd it.
But your bringing up this 'uneven' issue reminded me of the problem we had with our bedroom slide on our 25.3... sliding in crooked because one motor was hinkey (tech. term ). We were able to still use the slide on our trip at the time, because we used the 'magic button' bypass which works for the slide, awning and I believe the bunk too.
Do all new coaches still have that bypass button? Does the dealers divulge this to all buyers? We had to show another couple we ran into in Door County where theirs was! Pretty important little item!
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote