Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Vegas 25.6
State: California
THOR #24413
new owner 2022 Vegas 25.6

Just brought home our first motorhome 2022 Vegas 25.6
I've been researching which make/model/floorplan best fits our needs for over a year and Vegas 25.6 was the choice, but when time came to buy these were suddenly unavailable due to chassis shortages, so I found probably the last new unit at General RV in Tampa, bought it and drove it back home to Sacramento.
Nearly 3000 miles, 5 days of travel in a brand new MH.
Overall very happy, no major issues, a number of minor issues or issues which one can live with while waiting for repairs.

1. Furnace doesn't work. My fault for not testing during walkthrough, it was a hot day in FL, so we tested A/C, but forgot about furnace. Thanks to dealer rep for not doing his job. Probably some simple electrical issue, will look into it.

2. Bunk got stuck in low position. Luckily this happened after we got home as we didn't need it during travel. Noticed it was slightly uneven, so decided to lower/raise to resync motors, but it doesn't go back up, driver side gets jammed. I think the bracket holding the end of steel cable is extended too much and it touches the screws holding the rail. I'd have to disassemble driver side and adjust the bracket.

3. Entry door sometimes opens even though it was well locked and checked. Happened twice when started moving, scary, but after closing again seems to stay closed. Upper lock ( deadbolt ) doesn't work at all, needs adjustment to fit into slot in the doorjamb. Door makes much screeching noise when driving on bad roads. Likely needs lubrication and adjustments. Will try to find a better quality lock as I read horror stories of people getting locked out due to broken deadbolt.

4. Fueling is a nightmare, pump kicks out unless I hold the flow at bare minimum, takes forever to fill. Quick search found this to be a common issue due to fuel line bent or twisted from the inlet to the tank. Quick visual check confirms twisted rubber hose, but need closer examination and adjustment.

5. Apple Carplay on Axxera is great, but they forgot to include an external microphone, so I can't make calls until I get one installed.

6. Most drawers need adjustments for proper closing and centering of front panels. Will probably replace latches with better quality ones, maybe magnetic. Any suggestions?

7. Immediately obvious water damage to bottom trim parts, soaked up water from the floor. Dealer pretended not to see it until we pointed it out. After hours of work they found a leak at the water pump and fixed it, so we can take delivery, but trim will have to be replaced under warranty at a later date.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Actually not a bad list of glitches, considering. Our 2021 Axis 24.1 had an entirely different set of issues but just as long or more so.

Did your Girard water heater work? My coach was delivered in January and I didn't try it until mid April after freezes were unlikely. Didn't work until I moved the unnecessary bypass valves. Then I discovered huge leaks in the hot water fittings. Quickly tightened them though, so there was no standing water for long.

David
Old 09-30-2021, 07:10 PM   #3

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Did your Girard water heater work?
Yes, water heater worked great, took nice hot showers after driving all day and sweating bullets when gusts of wind or turbulence from passing 18-wheelers would throw my MH around the road
Old 09-30-2021, 07:57 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get everything fixed
Old 09-30-2021, 08:49 PM   #5

Model: 2021 Vegas 24.1
THOR #23587
3. Had exactly the same issue with my door. The door jamb needs adjustment, easy warranty fix.

5. You're at least the 4th person (including me) on the forum not to receive the mic. Contact Thor, they'll send you one.

Just remembered, #4, as well. Loose vent clamp, caused a Check Engine fault. Ford dealer fixed that, but Thor should too.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #6

THOR #24413
Does anyone know what this thing is?
It came from the bottom of the door, but I can't figure out its purpose or how to get it back in place, if needed at all.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door thingy.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	34027
Old 09-30-2021, 09:57 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
If you email thor the picture they will respond
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:27 AM   #8

THOR #24413
I noted rear bottom corner of my full wall slide leaves a visible gap, see the pic.
The slide is fully retracted and there is no gap at other corners, so I don't think it's a motor sync issue. More likely it's just curvature of the walls preventing full contact on all corners. Is this considered normal? acceptable? anything needs to be done or just live with it?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide gap.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	34174
Old 10-07-2021, 01:45 AM   #9

THOR #20220
Same exact issue..Thor told me track needed adjustment..my 30 year tech said no way..99% flush working..my tech added more black rubber to fill it in..we now live with it and only notice when slide is in.

Goodluck
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 10-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #10

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Welcome! and thank you for posting about your fix it list!

I will watch this post to find out what that red thingy is.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.1 - Ford E-350
State: Florida
THOR #14429
Electric: regarding your furnace...do you have propane on? My furnace (2015 Axis 24.1) only works if propane tank valve is open.
Toad: 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Blue Ox Alpha
Cooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Yes, water heater worked great, took nice hot showers after driving all day and sweating bullets when gusts of wind or turbulence from passing 18-wheelers would throw my MH around the road
I remember those white knuckle days when we first had our Vegas. We had a steering stabilizer installed at the dealership before we took possession. It made a minor improvement. Loaded it up, got an alignment. That was a little better. Added a rear trac bar. There was a noticeable improvement with wind and 18 wheelers passing. What made a huge difference was adding shocks and sumo springs front and rear. We still fight the wheel in a strong wind, but the movement from passing 18 wheelers is very slight. It drives so well now compared to when we first got it! Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #13

State: Missouri
THOR #19360
It all sounds familiar. You would think that Thor would do a cost benefit analysis and recognize that it costs more to do the warranty work than to make their coaches right before shipment.

Alajeu
Old 10-11-2021, 01:05 AM   #14

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooch View Post
Electric: regarding your furnace...do you have propane on? My furnace (2015 Axis 24.1) only works if propane tank valve is open.
Which valve are you referring to? Main valve is open as we have a working stove and hot water works with gas option selected. So 2 gas appliances work and one doesn't. Schematics from Thor don't show any other valves, unless I missed something.
Yesterday I checked all electrical circuits to the furnace, all good. In fact, when I turn the thermostat on to furnace and crank the temp, I hear the valve click, but no blower noise and no sound of flame or ignition. After a few seconds the valve clicks off, end of story. Still a mystery, I was planning to search the forum for similar issues later tonight.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:09 AM   #15

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by alajeu View Post
It all sounds familiar. You would think that Thor would do a cost benefit analysis and recognize that it costs more to do the warranty work than to make their coaches right before shipment.

Alajeu
Actually, with someone like me the analysis probably works in their favor, as I'd rather fix everything myself than let some unknown tech mess with my MH. Plus warranty claims take weeks or months of wait time, I don't have such patience.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:12 AM   #16

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by alajeu View Post

Alajeu

I’m quite sure they have done so. I’ve talked to quite a few Thor owners who are very happy with their machines. They just don’t post as often as folks who aren’t. Notwithstanding, it would be a good thing to improve initial build quality.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:13 AM   #17

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
What made a huge difference was adding shocks and sumo springs front and rear. We still fight the wheel in a strong wind, but the movement from passing 18 wheelers is very slight. It drives so well now compared to when we first got it! Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Pam
Thanks! I am researching sumo springs, but I'm afraid that more vibration will be passed into the MH from rough roads due to added stiffness and I don't know which is worse, swaying or vibration, which rattles everything loose and adds noise. What's your opinion on this issue?
Old 10-11-2021, 01:17 AM   #18
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Which valve are you referring to? Main valve is open as we have a working stove and hot water works with gas option selected. So 2 gas appliances work and one doesn't. Schematics from Thor don't show any other valves, unless I missed something.
Yesterday I checked all electrical circuits to the furnace, all good. In fact, when I turn the thermostat on to furnace and crank the temp, I hear the valve click, but no blower noise and no sound of flame or ignition. After a few seconds the valve clicks off, end of story. Still a mystery, I was planning to search the forum for similar issues later tonight.
You probably do NOT hear a valve click as the gas valve will not open until the circuit gets confirmation the fan is running via the sail switch. You may be hearing the relay click to supply power to the fan but if it's not running you may have a failed circuit board (likely; common problem) or a failed fan, or a bad connection.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #19

THOR #24413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You probably do NOT hear a valve click as the gas valve will not open until the circuit gets confirmation the fan is running via the sail switch. You may be hearing the relay click to supply power to the fan but if it's not running you may have a failed circuit board (likely; common problem) or a failed fan, or a bad connection.
Thanks for confirming that blower must come on first before the ignition, it wasn't very clear to me until now. So I need to focus on troubleshooting blower circuit, including the control board. Do you know if it's best accessible from outside panel without having to remove the entire furnace? I'd really like to avoid furnace removal unless I have to.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:07 AM   #20

THOR #20220
You could call a remote rv tech & 1st let thor know and they will reimburse