Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #9222
New owner! 30FE model. Saying hi!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found a Thor Motorcoach specific forum. My husband and I (and our pugs) are new to RV'n. I do have two sets of Aunt/Uncles that RV full-time and almost full-time, so they've been a wealth of information. We aren't full-timing yet, but about to embark on a big 17 day journey.

Believe me, this is huge for us. LOL

I'm so excited to take our RV out for this length of time! We have done 2 shake-down trips, weekenders really, which helped us get familiar with our coach. I do have some questions though and figured y'all might help answer them before I call the service line.

I've poured through the manual I could find, which isn't saying much. First, per the floorplan and spec sheet, we should have 3 sets of seat belts on the couch (30FE model). But when we looked, we only have two. The middle seat belt is missing completely, nothing even bolted in between the two other sets underneath the sofa on the floor. *shrug It isn't a huge issue for us right now, since we don't absolutely need that extra seat belt, but if it was supposed to be there, I'd like to know and get it fixed.

Also, I keep reading about electric leveling jacks. Would our model have it? I'm finding mixed information about it and when we looked through everything actually IN the coach, I didn't immediately find a control panel for them. I know that I could've easily missed it (like so many other things we've figured out), so why not ask here!

Thanks for any tips, advice, and suggestions! Glad to be here and a Thor owner!!!

~ Jenn

Old 09-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Hi Jenn!
Welcome to the Party!
Life is all about "The next big step"! Congratulations on taking it!
The folks in here REALLY know their stuff, and should have no trouble at all with answering your questions... ask away!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #4

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqjenn View Post

Also, I keep reading about electric leveling jacks. Would our model have it? I'm finding mixed information about it and when we looked through everything actually IN the coach, I didn't immediately find a control panel for them. I know that I could've easily missed it (like so many other things we've figured out), so why not ask here!

Thanks for any tips, advice, and suggestions! Glad to be here and a Thor owner!!!

~ Jenn
Welcome!
Look under the MH for the feet/legs of the jacks.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #5

Model: 30FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #9222
Great suggestion to look underneath. When we pick up 'Ferdinand' for our big trip from the storage place we have it parked, I'll have the Mr. take a peek. He's been underneath already looking, so I'm now fairly certain we don't have them. But that's a great way to double-check.

Thanks!
~ Jenn