Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
New Proud owner of 2017 Freedom Elite 26fe

We weren't a rv family. Didn't think we would like it. Well now we are. Here is our story.

Well in January my wife and I went to a boat show and in the back they had a bunch of RV's. That got us thinking with gas prices being low we could buy a used RV use it for a few trips and sell it before summer. Bought a 2000 R-Vision 33' class A. the RV had lots of ups and downs but as a whole was a strong running RV. Took it from Chicago to gulf shores AL. Then did a trip from Chicago to California and everywhere inbetween. Put a total of 7,800 miles on it and we absolutely loved it. Was so easy with our kids (4 and 6yo).

Problem is we LOVE to boat and our boat is 7,000lbs. So I started searching for a RV that would not only be able to tow the boat but would also beable to launch the boat without bottoming out on the launch ramp.

The Freedom elite line was perfect. The 26' was big enough to have a table and a couch but short enough to make it down a launch ramp and most importantly had a E450 chassis so it was capable of pulling the boat. O and it was one of the cheaper options which is a huge plus.

First trip with it this past weekend and it was awesome. Towed the boat with no issues. at 70mph got 6.7mpg. Launching is no problem at all and my wife thinks backing down the boat with the RV is easier then with our F250. I am still a little worried about trusting the parking break so she stays in with here foot on the break the whole time on the ramp. its a little over 18,000lbs together and that's a lot for a parking break to hold.

Need to come up with some sort of name. Last one was called Marbles because the exhaust sounded like marbles were bouncing around in it.

We couldn't be happier. now we get bot the boat and the rv so no giving up one for the other. Been reading a lot on this forum so thanks everyone for your posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160518_20_14_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2394  

Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations; really nice setup you got there.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote