Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2020, 04:00 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm in Williams right now. 8 miles north of it on the 64.
We use electric blankets in the rv.
If you get the old fashioned kind with just an on off and dial, you can turn them on with Alexa.
We just say
Echo, turn on beds
And they're prewarmed.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:08 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
We just traded our 2015 Forest River 2861DS (Class C) for a 2021 THOR ACE 33.1 three weeks ago. We are on our 2nd night of our shake down trip. So far, so good. We were originally looking at a 2021 Forest FR3 33DS. We like floor plan and the quality of the interior materials on the THOR ACE.

There are few things we just wish are on the THOR ACE (like more furnace outlet towards the front area, outlets by the front bunk area). Otherwise, we love the unit.
If your heater is in the back of RV not sure how much help more vents in front will do? It is also a lot more glass; But trying every option is not a bad idea.

Here are a few thoughts
1. Reduce the volume or air flow of vents that are at the rear.
2. Make certain that your ceiling blower fans are completely shut. I found where we thought ours were closed but wire were blocking it to close and thus cold air was coming in vent in our kitchen. Dealer fixed the wiring to not block the ceiling (fan) vent from being closed in full
3. Put a nice 0 degree rated sleeping bag for bunk, or those that sleep up front
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:27 AM   #23

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmuffoletto View Post
We are going to be new RVers and are considering a Thor Axis. Would love to here thoughts from Thor owners.
Welcome. I can tell you now, that you have already taken the most important step toward RV by joining this site. Read and learn This site saved me from buying two of what would have been disasters and $20k on RV that I did buy.

Everybody is different so if you are kind of impulsive, you will need to be extra extra careful.

We joined just like you ready to buy, but it was 14 months later before we actually closed on a RV. It was a the perfect RV for us and since we had did so much research, we new exactly what we wanted and we bought our RV the 1st day we actually went to see it 1500 miles away

I hear often rent first. That is solid recommendation. We had rented RVs in the past, but never rented one like what we purchased. i.e. we rented 40 put diesel pushers and I hated it. Just too big and too much gas. We rented smaller units, but we actually had more room in out tent if that makes sense.

You may end up having to pay more than normal because supply and demand is not on your side.

If you do know a model or two that you like, call Thor directly, tell them what you looking for and they will get back with you with where those RVs might be available.

But at the end of the day and in my opinion, you need to visit a lot of RVs to learn exactly what to look for in a PDI. Have dealer send you pictures of everything that you know could be a concern before travelling too far.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #24

State: Maryland
THOR #21438
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #25

THOR #21438
I reached out to Thor yesterday and am waiting for response to see if they know where we could see RV in person. Hoping to hear back from them in next couple of days.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #26

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Dylans RV in Sewell, NJ is the closest dealer to you that advertises a new Thor Axis 14.1. See https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...4.1-5013357912

They often advertise well in advance of an expected delivery, so check with them when one will be available to see.

David
Old 12-08-2020, 02:19 AM   #27

THOR #21438
Thanks for the offer. We would really like to be able to see a Thor in person. Let me know if you are still wiling to let us check it out.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:30 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Ontario
THOR #20531
We are new owners of a Thor Vegas - but won't take delivery until the New Year - likely in April. We did a lot of looking into different options and settled on the Vegas 27.7 - much for the same reasons as you; has the dinette and sofa; and the galley layout looks good - sort of L-shaped.

Reading these posts and the Thor Owners forum on Facebook has been really helpful.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations on the start of your greatest adventure, and welcome to the forum!
It seems that you'll have some time to shop; before you pick up your RV...
Old 12-12-2020, 07:53 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP_RVer View Post
We are new owners of a Thor Vegas - but won't take delivery until the New Year - likely in April. We did a lot of looking into different options and settled on the Vegas 27.7 - much for the same reasons as you; has the dinette and sofa; and the galley layout looks good - sort of L-shaped.

Reading these posts and the Thor Owners forum on Facebook has been really helpful.
Congrats and welcome. Don't forget to download and read Ed's excellent crowd sourced owner's manual (linked earlier in this thread).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #31

State: Missouri
THOR #19360
Expect problems. Thor is notorious for sloppy work and finish. We bought a 2018 Vegas used with 20000 miles. side curtains were trash. bathroom door wouldn't stay closed while in transit, drawers under the back beds wouldn't stay closed. Be mindful that it will take a while to learn how to use the tankless water heaters. End cap on the canopy roller was missing. Side window blinds won't stay up.

A bunch of little things which added up to disappointment. Be prepared to wait up to a month to 6 weeks to get an appointment for repairs.

Oh yea. Radio had to be replaced after 6 month: kept blowing fuses but was under extended warranty so it only cost me the deductible of $200

Alajeu
Old 12-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #32

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #12227
Vegas 24.1

Lots of good responses. We have a 2016 Axis 24.1 .. just prior to all the lockdown we put on 23,000 miles touring for 215 days. It was great.

I agree look at Ed's document. He did an incredible job of it.

We went with the 24.1 for the bed config inside and the amount of storage you get over a few other choices for a smaller unit. We added solar, an inverter and several other smaller mods.

So many people post issues, but we have been lucky so far.

I strongly suggest buying a mint used unit over a new one. Yes it saves some $$, but as important let someone else go through some of the pains some people experience with new unit issues needing to be fixed - the back and forth with the dealer that should have already resolved them all.

Anyway, good luck with your decision. It is certainly a personal choice.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #33

Model: Freedom Elite 24F
State: California
THOR #13895
Quote:
We are going to be new RVers and are considering a Thor Axis. Would love to here thoughts from Thor owners.
We have Freedom Elite which we are happy with overall. Not familiar with the Axis. What I can warn you about is Camping World. They do have great sales and deals but that’s all. As soon as you buy they treat you like a liability. DO NOT buy a extended warranty or any other extras from them. Getting service from them is a real hassle. Also be careful of their loan rates.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:05 PM   #34

THOR #13370
Good move on joining this site. I got a used 2015 25.1N Axis a couple of years ago and have been happy with it. The steering stabilizer was already on and rear air bags had been added. I put new Bilstein shocks on and got the 5 Star mod
which really made it a pleasure to drive. Have been up through Colorado and New Mexico with no problems with the mountains and altitude changes. It only
had 7,700 miles when I got it and it now has 18k. Haven't done much with it this
year but hopefully next year will be better. There are 2 of us, no pets, and it is perfect for us. If you are at all handy at fixing things - do it yourself if things pop up. Ed's book is a big help for dealing with issues.
Best of luck!
Old 12-12-2020, 09:37 PM   #35

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13555
We have 2018 axis 24.1. We got it almost 2 years ago, have put almost 20,000 miles on it and it would have been more but with COVID we cut our last trip short. We were in Tucson and has planned another month out west but decided to head back home to pa.
We love our axis, it is perfect size for us. And we don’t pull a car
Old 12-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #36

State: Georgia
THOR #2902
We love our Axis!

We have a 2016 Axis 24.1 and have had it for 6 seasons since we purchased it in 2015. We love it and although we are always looking for something else to catch our eye, nothing ever compares which makes us even happier we made the right choice!
Old 12-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #37

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We were about to build a 4x4 super c on an autocar 4x4 chassis.
Then we saw the 24.1 and it was exactly what we wanted.
It saved us about $200,000.

We're making it as close to a Newmar in design and function as we can because it didn't come with the granite and cedar and heated floors we'd have put into the custom build, but we can sure take out a wall and replace it with the automotive quality painted wall we had in mind. I figure we'll have sank another $50,000 into it when we're done. Since we paid $67,000, no tax and it came with the top top of the line extended warranty and $3,000 in upgrades and it wasn't three months old, I figure we can add a lot of stuff to get to what some of you paid for yours.
That's why we call it a kit.
We bought a floor plan and the basics and can change anything we want to change.

Change anything you want to change. It's pretty easy to do.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:24 AM   #38

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Alabama
THOR #20803
Welcome. We bought ours in Aug. It’s a ‘17, had 6 k miles on it. Now it has 13.5 K. After 2 TT’s a nice upgrade. It’s the 25.3. Only issues we’ve had are the radio, ie the cig lighter and USB adapter are inop, however repairs are imminent.
Toad-undecided
Thor 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:46 AM   #39

State: Florida
THOR #10707
To Axis or not?

Quote:
We love our 2018 Axis 24.1. Always looking for smaller, I enjoy the online search. Several B+ units have looked interesting, though some have the Murphy bed and most would still be missing some features that many would consider minor: the many windows including a rear window, integrated steps, legless awning, 3 TVs, roller shades, outside storage doors that catch and stay open, and large exterior rear access storage. The small shower may be the biggest downside; I may add a second shower curtain that remains fixed next to the sink. We are not DIYers, and if we want to make changes such as switching to Oxygenics shower head or a Tire minder, our peeps at Camping World will be called on. I’ve read that we replace RVs about every three years...not that long a commitment.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:49 AM   #40

THOR #13374
Thor Axis

I love mine. I am alone, so it is perfect for me. Drives like a dream and I tow a Buick Envision.