Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2019, 11:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Smile New to RVing and our 2019 Axis 25.6

Hi all -
I've been lurking on the site reading all the great information and really love how helpful people are in the world. Restores faith in humanity!

We're from the NC mountains and planning to spend the winter in warmer climes (north Florida, maybe as far as Arizona). Love any helpful tips for newbies, and will always be grateful to the folks who helped us when we got our new rig on Wednesday and pulled in late in the day to an RV park in WV. They invited us for pizza and good company.

A problem we had fairly quickly is with our radio/navigation screen - it froze when I tried to adjust the volume as it was giving me directions. Good Sam Tech Support couldn't help me, and it was too late to call the Axxera company for help so will do that Monday morning. Has anyone else had this problem and have any thoughts? Its an AVM82NAV.

Also, I'd love to find footrests for the driver and passengers seats that I could attach to the bottom of the swivel chairs. Has anyone ever done that?

Big learning curve, and really happy to know all of you are out there to help us new to your world.

Thanks!
Grace & Mac

Old 08-24-2019, 11:46 PM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I can't answer your question but welcome to the forum
Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.

Many of the radios have a small reset button that you can hit with a paper clip or a ballpoint pen. Look around the knobs for a small indent.

If you haven't already you'll want to download and read Ed's excellent crowd sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual found here:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:54 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Welcome to our group from South Texas!
Old 08-25-2019, 01:22 AM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
And from New York's Catskill Mountain region also!
Old 08-25-2019, 02:27 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #5494
Welcome from Southport NC! Don't know anything about the radio issue, Wife picked up small stool for passenger side and so she can reach in the top shelf above the sink.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Welcome from a Florida native. North Carolina is sure a beautiful state. If you want to winter in Florida, plan early (year in advance?) if you want to get the best sites. The Florida state parks are really nice. In northern Florida, I really liked the Stephen Foster Culture Center. Also, northern Florida has more springs than anywhere in the world. The water bubbling up from those springs is usually a constant 72 degrees and sometimes just the most gorgeous aqua blue.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #8

THOR #16478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
Welcome from a Florida native. North Carolina is sure a beautiful state. If you want to winter in Florida, plan early (year in advance?) if you want to get the best sites. The Florida state parks are really nice. In northern Florida, I really liked the Stephen Foster Culture Center. Also, northern Florida has more springs than anywhere in the world. The water bubbling up from those springs is usually a constant 72 degrees and sometimes just the most gorgeous aqua blue.
Wow, thanks for this great info. I've been told we need to plan well in advance. I'll look up these places. We have family in the Destin area so thought we'd start there.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #9

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
.......Wife picked up small stool for passenger side and so she can reach in the top shelf above the sink.
My wife also uses a small step stool in the passenger seat.
Work great for her
Old 08-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat & Grace View Post
Wow, thanks for this great info. I've been told we need to plan well in advance. I'll look up these places. We have family in the Destin area so thought we'd start there.
Lots of fun things to do in Destin, along with great Gulf beaches. Henderson Beach State Park is very near and has some amazing beach trails. It is right next door to some million dollar plus apartments, lol.

Henderson Beach State Park near Destin
Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #11

Model: Four Winds
State: New Hampshire
THOR #16319
Welcome from my wife and I New Hampshire
Old 08-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #12

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Another welcome, this one from central Florida! As you check out warm winter destinations, consider central Florida, too. The rates are generally lower than the coasts, and it's only a couple hours to the Gulf, the ocean or the Orlando attractions. Plenty of great monthly RV parks from Eustis to Ocala to Thonotosassa.

It might get down to freezing a couple of nights in January, so if you want to avoid that go on down to Frostproof, FL. A snowbirds dream, no frost!
Old 08-28-2019, 01:38 AM   #13

Model: Four Winds
State: New Hampshire
THOR #16319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Another welcome, this one from central Florida! As you check out warm winter destinations, consider central Florida, too. The rates are generally lower than the coasts, and it's only a couple hours to the Gulf, the ocean or the Orlando attractions. Plenty of great monthly RV parks from Eustis to Ocala to Thonotosassa.

It might get down to freezing a couple of nights in January, so if you want to avoid that go on down to Frostproof, FL. A snowbirds dream, no frost!
Good info, Thanks
Old 09-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #14

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Welcome from "Indiana wants me, lord I can't go back there".
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #15

State: New Mexico
THOR #9943
For my (passenger) seat I use an step box I purchased for exercise. Just the right height. It keeps me from sliding out of the seat.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #16

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Welcome to the forum.
We have a 17 25.5 Vegas
I leaned my seat back with a 1/4” stack of washers on either side of the seat mounting cradle.
For her, I screwed a couple of 2x4’s together and covered with some old fabric and she loves it...

Edit - no idea why the pics are upside down..
Sorry....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6F572ADD-1D49-4908-8C4B-E34DB5899DC7.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	20101   Click image for larger version

Name:	052AC2A8-920C-429B-AB6F-9709559495BF.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	20102  

Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #17

THOR #14396
Welcome. We live in Central Florida and North Carolina is where we escape to for short trips. Florida has some wonderful state parks - we particularly like Anastasia - but be aware that most go online for reservations 11 months in advance and you had better do it then for anything other than high summer or you won't get a spot.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #18

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat & Grace View Post
Hi all -
I've been lurking on the site reading all the great information and really love how helpful people are in the world. Restores faith in humanity!

We're from the NC mountains and planning to spend the winter in warmer climes (north Florida, maybe as far as Arizona). Love any helpful tips for newbies, and will always be grateful to the folks who helped us when we got our new rig on Wednesday and pulled in late in the day to an RV park in WV. They invited us for pizza and good company.

A problem we had fairly quickly is with our radio/navigation screen - it froze when I tried to adjust the volume as it was giving me directions. Good Sam Tech Support couldn't help me, and it was too late to call the Axxera company for help so will do that Monday morning. Has anyone else had this problem and have any thoughts? Its an AVM82NAV.

Also, I'd love to find footrests for the driver and passengers seats that I could attach to the bottom of the swivel chairs. Has anyone ever done that?

Big learning curve, and really happy to know all of you are out there to help us new to your world.

Thanks!
Grace & Mac
Welcome! We are also newbies as of March. You can go to this link, create an account, and then have access to the manuals for all the appliances, slide, etc as well as other documentation for your unit. You will need the vin# for your rig.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-login/

This, along with the manual created by Ed Felker, has been invaluable for us. I hope you enjoy your rig as match as we are enjoying ours!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #19

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Axxera

We had the Axxera radio in our 2016 24.1 and finally dumped it after it developed a blue line through the middle of the screen. Anything aftermarket is better. By the way, we also gave up on the brand new Xite radio in our 2019 SOB because it also had a mind of its own as far as when it would turn on. Put in an Alpine this time with a big iPad looking screen. All part of ownership.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #20

THOR #16478
Axxera screen froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
We had the Axxera radio in our 2016 24.1 and finally dumped it after it developed a blue line through the middle of the screen. Anything aftermarket is better. By the way, we also gave up on the brand new Xite radio in our 2019 SOB because it also had a mind of its own as far as when it would turn on. Put in an Alpine this time with a big iPad looking screen. All part of ownership.
Thanks for your thoughts. The problem got resolved by accident. When we put the rig in storage the first time we forgot to turn off the fridge. So all the batteries ran down. But happily that fixed the system when we got charged back up.

Grace