Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Smile New Thor Challenger Owner

My wife and I just closed a deal on a 2017 Thor Challenger 37 LX today. I was searching online for useful info and struck gold when I found these forums! Looking forward to learning, as we are new to the RV universe!

Old 06-11-2017, 03:34 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5052
Welcome and congrats! Our family just returned from a 15 day trip in our Challenger 37TB. These forums are a great resource to share and help one another. Feel free to reach out with general Challenger questions and I'll try to help.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:35 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!!
Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 AM   #4

THOR #7863
Thanks

Thank you both! I plan to ask a lot of questions, once I get past the "I don't know what I don't know" stage!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Congtatulations !! We're closing the deal on our 2017 Challenger 37LX this week too. Glad to know there's a few more Challenger owners in here !! Probably gonna need to pick your brains from time to time...
Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Hello, congrats, and welcome to the family of Challenger owners. If youu have any questions ask away.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #7

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Welcome and congrats. DW and I still believe that feature for feature and $ for $ the Challenger is the best coach on the road. We spend a great deal of time in our 37TB with grandkids + boondocking 2 months per year. All in all - 32,000 miles and about 18 months in last the 26 months spent enjoying our country. LOVE IT.

As Mr. Dave (fellow retired soldier) said, ask away before you get really frustrated. We've all dealt with issues and it much easier as a community.

Again, welcome and be safe. Blessings.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #8

Model: Challenger LX
State: Colorado
THOR #3922
Congrats and welcome to the forum! We just completed a 5 month, 6,000 mile trip in our 2016 LX. We love it so much we have become full timers!
Old 06-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #9

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Congtatulations !! We're closing the deal on our 2017 Challenger 37LX this week too. Glad to know there's a few more Challenger owners in here !! Probably gonna need to pick your brains from time to time...
That's cool! For sure, let's share info and experiences! We are in the Phoenix, AZ area. We pick it up on Thursday, I'm wishing it was today though.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #10

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Hello, congrats, and welcome to the family of Challenger owners. If youu have any questions ask away.
Thank you Dave, and thank you for your service! USAF vet here, but huge respect for all fellow and sister vets.

Mike
Old 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #11

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Welcome and congrats. DW and I still believe that feature for feature and $ for $ the Challenger is the best coach on the road. We spend a great deal of time in our 37TB with grandkids + boondocking 2 months per year. All in all - 32,000 miles and about 18 months in last the 26 months spent enjoying our country. LOVE IT.

As Mr. Dave (fellow retired soldier) said, ask away before you get really frustrated. We've all dealt with issues and it much easier as a community.

Again, welcome and be safe. Blessings.
Thank you Big Ben, and also thank you for your service. I'm a USAF vet, hope you won't hold that against me!

I won't be shy about asking questions!

Mike
Old 06-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #12

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by j37genie View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum! We just completed a 5 month, 6,000 mile trip in our 2016 LX. We love it so much we have become full timers!
Wow, that's great! I don't know if full time is in our future, it would be hard to be away from our grandkids too long at a stretch. But we expect to spend a few weeks here and there. A lot of places we want to see in this great country!

Mike
Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #13

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Welcome from another Challenger owner. We picked our "gently" used model up last year and are on our second trip, this one from Florida north, turning left to Oregon, two rights across to S. Dakota, then wind back down to Florida. Have done a few upgrades to the suspension but other than that we love the coach!
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #14

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Welcome from another Challenger owner. We picked our "gently" used model up last year and are on our second trip, this one from Florida north, turning left to Oregon, two rights across to S. Dakota, then wind back down to Florida. Have done a few upgrades to the suspension but other than that we love the coach!
Hi Joe, nice to "meet you." We are very excited about our new RV, and we're anxious to start using it! Your trip sounds great, that's quite a swath of the country. We did a road trip last year in my F-150, from PHX across to Arkansas to visit friends, up to Branson MO for a few days because we'd never been there, up to Nashville (same reason), up to Cleveland OH to visit family, across to Detroit MI to visit more family, then across and then down through Colorado and back home. It was nearly 6K miles, but we stayed in hotels, with friends or with family. We are very interested in trying something similar with our own traveling home.

Mike
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenger 37lx