Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #9303
New Thor Chateau 23 U

Greetings,

My wife and I bought a new 2017 Thor Chateau at the end of September, and are happy to be back in the RV world after a 10 year hiatus. Our new rig is much nicer than the Jamboree we previously owned, and now that we are both retired we plan on using it a lot more. We just returned from our first shakedown trip last week and everything went well, but we do have a fairly long list of warranty items we will need repaired- most are because of poor workmanship at Thor. I hope that they step up to the plate when it comes to fixing warranty items. I guess I will have to deal with that through Campers World where I bought it.

Anyway glad to be back in the RV community. Look forward to meeting other Thor owners as we go along.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Edk

Model: Chateau 35sk
State: Connecticut
THOR #7856
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest1va View Post
Greetings,

My wife and I bought a new 2017 Thor Chateau at the end of September, and are happy to be back in the RV world after a 10 year hiatus. Our new rig is much nicer than the Jamboree we previously owned, and now that we are both retired we plan on using it a lot more. We just returned from our first shakedown trip last week and everything went well, but we do have a fairly long list of warranty items we will need repaired- most are because of poor workmanship at Thor. I hope that they step up to the plate when it comes to fixing warranty items. I guess I will have to deal with that through Campers World where I bought it.

Anyway glad to be back in the RV community. Look forward to meeting other Thor owners as we go along.
dbest1va,
Good luck with your new rig. We did the same about 7 or 8 years ago after being out of camping for 17 years. You know if you aren't satisfied with CW (sounds like your not to enthused about going to CW for service) i found that i could return back to factory service at Thor in Elkhart Indiana. You just need to make advance appointment with them. You actually stay with your rig at night, and they work on it during the day. Guess it would depend on how simple or complex your warranty items are.
So you may have options !
Happy camping
Edk
Old 10-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #9303
EDK,

Thanks for the response and the advice. CW is only 10 miles from the house so I have to exhaust all hope with them first. They sell lots of Thor MH's so they should know how to make it work.

dbest1va
Old 10-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to our corner of the internet...
It's gonna be better; the second time around!
How about some pictures?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:57 AM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest1va View Post
Greetings,

Many of us have found it to be faster, easier - and ultimately more satisfactory - to fix things ourselves even when it’s clearly a warranty issue. Many repairs like loose or misaligned trim, leaking drains and loose electrical connections are easy to fix but seem to take dealers forever to fix and sometimes they break other stuff in the process (!). Even if it costs a bit for parts. The fewer items you have to take to the dealer the better as far as I’m co concerned. A byproduct is that you learn a LOT about how your coach works.

I hope you have many more happy trips in your new coach. We love ours.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote