Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak
State: New York
THOR #377
New Thor Daybreak owner

We recently bought a new 2013 Thor Daybreak (not preowned) and are interested in others' experiences with this coach, particularly any problems you've experienced with the coach. We love the layout, the options and the comfortable furnishings which is why we bought the coach. We've had a number of problems though ranging from batteries that won't hold a charge to water leaks in bins and windows, at least 25 different problems in all. We are interested in others' experiences with a new 2013 Daybreak and whether our experience is normal or out of the ordinary.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Hello and welcome. I do not have experience with the Daybreak but can tell you quality appears to be dropping across the board in the RV industry. That said, 25 issues does sound a bit excessive. More importantly how have your dealership and Thor handled the issues for you?
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #3

THOR #377
The dealership never returned our calls about the problems we were having. We took it to another Camping World where they fixed a couple of things, said they had fixed others but hadn't, made some issues worse and never worked on other problems at all. Thor's customer service and technical assistance people have been as helpful as they can be from a distance. We currently have an appointment to take it back to the factory for repairs and are hopeful that they will be able to correct all the problems. We are interested in hearing about what problems other new Daybreak owners have encountered to see if our experience is similar.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
sorry to hear about camping world, lots of people have had issues with them. Glad to hear Thor is stepping up to the plate for you.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360

I too have just recently purchased a new 2013/2014 Thor Daybreak from a Camping World. I state it that way because the chassis is listed as a '13 and the body as a '14. It's the full wall slide XD34 model. We've had no water leaks, purchased it and did household changed out over three days of heavy South Texas rain storms while down in Houston. Like nearly all units, there were some new coach issues, but I've had nothing but good response and assistance from Thor Customer Service and the Camping World technicians here in Vegas.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #6

THOR #377
Glad to hear you're having good luck with yours. Yes, Thor's people are responsive and helpful. What were your new coach issues? This is our fourth coach but our first new one. Maybe our expectations are too high? We bought new thinking we'd have clear saling when it came to problems at least for 2 or 3 years.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
My apologies for not responding sooner, one of those rare times when, although retired and on a work week schedule comprised of 6 Saturdays, followed by a Sunday, I managed to get tied up on a couple of project here at the house and a couple of short one day trips to visit friends in a small town just west of here. As I mentioned above, for the most part they were minor cosmetic and/or trim items that probably should have been caught prior to shipping. I've spent most of my life working in customer service and I try to treat those who work in it the way I want to be treated, so to date, I have no complaints about the service I'm getting from Thor or Camping World.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #8

Model: Daybreak 34KD
State: Newfoundland
THOR #986
I am late to this thread but we have a 2013 Daybreak 34KD. I searched the continent for it as it was the model we wanted and there is no Thor dealer in our province. Like others we purchased new with the hope of it being clear sailing. We have had tons of issues in the past year. Seals on both slides, outside tv and one of the bins, water leak in the windshield, the generator, the CO detector, the front curtains, the seal in the rear window, screws screwed into nothing, screws poking up underneath the carpet, the wrong mauals, poor photocopies or no manuals for most of the equiptment. Lastly a major knock developed in the dash area. It means the whole dash will have to come out to locate and fix the problem. The Thor people were great at first but recently I have been e-mailing, and using the customer care page on their website but no one is getting back to me.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #9

THOR #986
Update: Since posting Thor has gotten back to me and hopefully I am on the way to having the latest issues resolved. Not sure the two are related. One additional thing to give credit where it is due, the Thor emergency call line is covered live. When I had trouble with the propane / CO alarm in a campground at 11:30 PM I called and got one of Thor's technicians who helped me through the issue.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:32 AM   #10

THOR #377
Happy ending to Thor Motorcoach problems

I'm happy to report that this year (our second year with this coach) is going along well. With one exception (a leak above one window) the many problems we experienced have been resolved by Thor and we are enjoying our coach. I was interested to learn that there is an emergency number that is open with a live person during off hours. I checked the Thor site and couldn't find this number listed. How do you access this service, should we need to in the future?
Old 08-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #11

THOR #986
The number is in the Owner's section under contact customer care. it is Owners Only toll free phone line at (877) 855-2867. It will be an option once you call the number. Can be found on the website at Customer Care | Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s