Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #10040
xantrex XM 1800

I have a xantrex xm 1800 in my windsport. Today I noticed when i went to turn on the tv there was no power. The tv works when i turn the xantrex on but when it is off there is no AC pass thru. Any suggestion or answers on whats going on and how to fix it?

jdmaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I guess that I should assume that this is happening when you're on shore power, or running your generator?
Because if you're not hooked up, or running the generator: no AC power is getting out: without the inverter.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #3

THOR #10040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I guess that I should assume that this is happening when you're on shore power, or running your generator?
Because if you're not hooked up, or running the generator: no AC power is getting out: without the inverter.
Yes, sorry, when on shore power or generator
Old 07-03-2020, 12:47 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmaag View Post
I have a xantrex xm 1800 in my windsport. Today I noticed when i went to turn on the tv there was no power. The tv works when i turn the xantrex on but when it is off there is no AC pass thru. Any suggestion or answers on whats going on and how to fix it?
In the power center there is a 15 amp, 120 volt circuit breaker labeled "inverter.) Turn that circuit breaker off and then back on. If that doesn't work you need volt meter to chase the electrons around and find where there is a break in the wiring.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:56 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
If resetting the breaker for the Inverter AC input does not solve the problem, it is possible the Inverter transfer switch has failed. If so, you would need to replace the Inverter.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:20 AM   #6

THOR #10040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If resetting the breaker for the Inverter AC input does not solve the problem, it is possible the Inverter transfer switch has failed. If so, you would need to replace the Inverter.
Well I guess thats the problem which i hoped it was not. I did flip the breaker and i do have shore power coming into the inverter. Thanks for your help. One more thing , is there a way to reset the inverter from the panel? Could not find any info on that
Old 07-03-2020, 01:29 AM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmaag View Post
Well I guess thats the problem which i hoped it was not. I did flip the breaker and i do have shore power coming into the inverter. Thanks for your help. One more thing , is there a way to reset the inverter from the panel? Could not find any info on that

There is not....

Depending on how Thor wired it they could have used the wiring / circuit for the optional built in GFCI outlet. The inverter has its own breaker (a black button) for the optional GFCI outlet. However, if that was the issue you would have not power out of the Inverter when on shore power or when using the batteries.